By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the Dumbest Reason You Ever Bought a Game?

I bought one of the Korg DS synthesizers because it had more than eight stickers of "dropping price". It's original price was 45€, it costed me 2€.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I bought many many games on Steam that I will probably never get around to playing just because they were on sale. That is a dumb reason.

Signature goes here!

i bought blade runner on pc when i was 8 years old because the trailer of the city looked cool but i had no damn clue what it was xD

I bought Ride to Hell Retribution, Magus, and Alone in the Dark specifically because I knew they were the Room and Troll 2's of video games (so bad they're good). None of them disappointed.

I adore terrible to the point of comedic games. I did the same with Aliens Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever years after they released for the same reasons but they weren't as enjoyably awful.

NES - Back to the Future. The only good thing about the game I can say is it taught me a valuable lesson as a child which is loving a movie is a really dumb reason to buy a video that shares it name.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
I bought many many games on Steam that I will probably never get around to playing just because they were on sale. That is a dumb reason.

Pretty much this for me during 2011-2013.

I rarely buy anything from Steam sales nowadays, and I make sure to use the wishlist feature so I know what games I actually want, and not just buy anything on impulse.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Dark Cloud. Because the character on the cover reminded me of Link.

I enjoyed it though, so it was all good.

1doesnotsimply

I bought Sonic Forces just to annoy a friend. Nice use of money.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

TruckOSaurus said:

I believe thats majority of Steam users haha. Myself included 😅

steam sales lol, probably will never play any of them.