By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 wins Black Friday in the UK!

Ouch @ Battlefield 5 for being outsold in its first week by the competition which was in its 7th week there.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
What were these crazy Xbox deals everyone was talking about?

I guess the usual stuff, like they do here in Germany all the time. 199,- with three of four games.

SilenceDeadly said:
Xbox was almost free and still couldn't win in the UK, jezz.

Monster Switch performance though at that price, WW numbers must be ridiculous for Switch & Ps4 and pretty lackluster for Xbox.

Xbox is literally in a perpetual state of discounts/sales. It may vary from deals with specific retailers, to region, to more all encompassing rebates, but IT'S ALMOST ALWAYS happening on some significant level. I remember posting over 2 years ago, that I wish somebody was tracking the frequency of such events, and since then, it hasn't let up at all. 

- edit. I took out my juicy shot. It was so juicy. I wish I was eating it right now.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 26 November 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Errorist76 said:
CosmicSex said:
What were these crazy Xbox deals everyone was talking about?

I guess the usual stuff, like they do here in Germany all the time. 199,- with three of four games.

Well damn!

Microsoft could do so much better simply by working on its image in Europe.  They should not be losing so bad with prices so low.

CosmicSex said:
Errorist76 said:

Well damn!

Microsoft could do so much better simply by working on its image in Europe.  They should not be losing so bad with prices so low.

This Black Friday they had Xbox One S 1TB bundles for 166€. And yet they are still losing in Germany 5:1 to the PS4.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Errorist76 said:

Well damn!

Cheapest I can find atm is 166,- Euros (includes tax) for a 1TB X1S with Forza Horizon 4. At Saturn Germany, if someone is interested.

Or X1X 1TB with Fallout 76 for 374,-

Sale numbers are 4:1 in favour of PS4 over here, last I looked.

TheGamer_1995 said:
CosmicSex said:

Well damn!

This Black Friday they had Xbox One S 1TB bundles for 166€. And yet they are still losing in Germany 5:1 to the PS4.

Oh it’s 5:1 now? Last I looked it was still 4:1. But yeah, makes sense after this year and Spider-Man.

Errorist76 said:
TheGamer_1995 said:

Oh it’s 5:1 now? Last I looked it was still 4:1. But yeah, makes sense after this year and Spider-Man.

It’s getting to that ratio. According to VGC this year to date ratio is 4,4:1

TheGamer_1995 said:
CosmicSex said:

Well damn!

I'm not even surprised.

Sounds more like a win for everybody. If XB and Switch got close to PS4, that sounds like wins for them..