By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 wins Black Friday in the UK!

How can a hot product with a recently released Pokémon game, come after XB1?
I'm not even gonna question PS4's lead, but i find it not so good news, when, in this context, Switch can't even beat XB1.

Around the Network

Mild shock:p

PS4 is dominating the UK, like the rest of europe.
Honestly surprised the others were as close as they were, impressive software improvements for tons of software but especially the sony exclusive ones.

DélioPT said:
How can a hot product with a recently released Pokémon game, come after XB1?
I'm not even gonna question PS4's lead, but i find it not so good news, when, in this context, Switch can't even beat XB1.

Maybe because Xbox is a bigger brand in the UK? :P With tons of deals as well.. that's the context you seem to ignore though.

StarDoor said:
If PS4 was narrowly ahead of XBO, XBO was narrowly ahead of Switch, and the total sales between the 3 were 300k, then we're looking at gaps of probably 30k at the most.

So:
PS4: 130k
XBO: 100k
NS: 70k

Even under this extremely conservative estimate for Switch, that would still be a 226% increase over what VGChartz thinks Swtich sold last Black Friday in the UK.
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/43065/UK/

I wouldn't call a 30% gap "narrow". 

chakkra said:
StarDoor said:
If PS4 was narrowly ahead of XBO, XBO was narrowly ahead of Switch, and the total sales between the 3 were 300k, then we're looking at gaps of probably 30k at the most.

So:
PS4: 130k
NS: 70k

Even under this extremely conservative estimate for Switch, that would still be a 226% increase over what VGChartz thinks Swtich sold last Black Friday in the UK.
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/43065/UK/

I wouldn't call a 30% gap "narrow". 

Me neither from the article it sounds something more along the lines of:

PS4: 105k
NS: 95k

Around the Network
Keiji said:
Nice win again for PS4.

It's a serial winner. 

TheBlackNaruto said:
This article is a little weird. It says PS4 DOMINATES hardware sales....then says JUST ahead of XB1 lol. Like isn't that contradicting itself lol. Anywho...

PS4 was as expected despite the XB1 having MUCH better deals if I am not mistaken. Switch did very well and should be up YoY.

It is nice to see all 3 so close!

Well in terms of revenue it probably did dominate xbox. The xbox went insanely low with its deals compared to ps4 and still came second. That's a pretty big blow for MS. When prices are closer next year ps4 will be outselling it by a big margin. 

shikamaru317 said:
WoodenPints said:

Me neither from the article it sounds something more along the lines of:

PS4: 105k
NS: 95k

Yeah, "narrow" seems like a 10k gap at most me.

It could be 10k from switch to xbox and 10k from xbox to ps4. 

Green098 said:
Not surprising PS4 did best in the UK, but it is surprising that all the consoles did so narrowly close to each other though. Looks like Switch had a great Black Friday in what is generally one of it's worst markets. All it really had going for it was £30 off in some places online like Amazon for a while, and only £20 off at GAME.

Think I read the XB1 was 160£, and the PS4 was 230£ (its like a 199$ XB1 vs a 300$ PS4, in USD).
Thats a pretty big price differnce, and the UK is one of the markets where the xbox does well.

PS4 still won.

JRPGfan said:
Green098 said:
Not surprising PS4 did best in the UK, but it is surprising that all the consoles did so narrowly close to each other though. Looks like Switch had a great Black Friday in what is generally one of it's worst markets. All it really had going for it was £30 off in some places online like Amazon for a while, and only £20 off at GAME.

Think I read the XB1 was 160£, and the PS4 was 230£ (its like a 199$ XB1 vs a 300$ PS4, in USD).
Thats a pretty big price differnce, and the UK is one of the markets where the xbox does well.

PS4 still won.

It's actually a pretty significant win for the Playstation brand over xbox in its second strongest market. Sony have really just proved that even at a much lower price xbox has less value to the average consumer. 

What were these crazy Xbox deals everyone was talking about?