By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It has begun. Don't spoil people.

Wow the Melee community never cease to try and make themselves look like jackasses with the recent social media conduct of Leffen and Mango, the former especially with one of the dumbest "played themselves" rants I've seen in a while.



Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Wow the Melee community never cease to try and make themselves look like jackasses with the recent social media conduct of Leffen and Mango, the former especially with one of the dumbest "played themselves" rants I've seen in a while.

Eh Leffen and Mango are jackasses, no need to blame the whole community for how they behave. I'm unaware of what happened though, can't be bothered to look after it since the risk of spoilers is always a thing.



mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:
Wow the Melee community never cease to try and make themselves look like jackasses with the recent social media conduct of Leffen and Mango, the former especially with one of the dumbest "played themselves" rants I've seen in a while.

Eh Leffen and Mango are jackasses, no need to blame the whole community for how they behave. I'm unaware of what happened though, can't be bothered to look after it since the risk of spoilers is always a thing.

Leffen's rant:

"If S4 is so good how come you're all looking forward to Ultimate"

This is only the start of it mind you and it's already one of the dumbest things anyone can argue.



Wyrdness said:

"If S4 is so good how come you're all looking forward to Ultimate"

lol



Wyrdness said:
mZuzek said:

Eh Leffen and Mango are jackasses, no need to blame the whole community for how they behave. I'm unaware of what happened though, can't be bothered to look after it since the risk of spoilers is always a thing.

Leffen's rant:

"If S4 is so good how come you're all looking forward to Ultimate"

This is only the start of it mind you and it's already one of the dumbest things anyone can argue.

That's one thing that irritates me when it comes to the Smash community.

While I like the competitive side of things, I also appreciate the casual (i.e., free-for-alls, items, hazards, multiple characters) side of things. The latter is what got me hooked into the original N64 game. 

As for Smash 4, I get there were some problems on both the competitive and casual side of things. Regardless, though, it was a fun time for me and one of my favorite games of all-time. While Ultimate will have, likely, the greatest crossover roster ever assembled, Smash 4 paved the way for it as Brawl did before Smash 4. Plus, I also liked Smash Run (though it would've been nice to see the actual players while going through the course), 8-player Smash, and playing online once in a while.

Just because I like Smash 4 doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to Ultimate. I don't think a majority are thinking that way either. You can still like the older games while looking forward to the next games. Playing Uncharted 4 doesn't mean you're abandoning Uncharted 2 or something. That's just an asinine comment by Leffen, regardless if he's a God Slayer or not.



Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:

That's one thing that irritates me when it comes to the Smash community.

While I like the competitive side of things, I also appreciate the casual (i.e., free-for-alls, items, hazards, multiple characters) side of things. The latter is what got me hooked into the original N64 game. 

As for Smash 4, I get there were some problems on both the competitive and casual side of things. Regardless, though, it was a fun time for me and one of my favorite games of all-time. While Ultimate will have, likely, the greatest crossover roster ever assembled, Smash 4 paved the way for it as Brawl did before Smash 4. Plus, I also liked Smash Run (though it would've been nice to see the actual players while going through the course), 8-player Smash, and playing online once in a while.

Just because I like Smash 4 doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to Ultimate. I don't think a majority are thinking that way either. You can still like the older games while looking forward to the next games. Playing Uncharted 4 doesn't mean you're abandoning Uncharted 2 or something. That's just an asinine comment by Leffen, regardless if he's a God Slayer or not.

The whole argument from him and some in that community is just flat out dumb because it's like they can't comprehend the fact that each game has its own approach and that the next game can be just as enjoyable or build on a previous game to refine an approach. As someone pointed out to him he's constantly complaining about people labeling him and his camp Melee elitist yet he consistently prove the people saying that to be correct by the dumb rants and arguments they start.



Oooookaaaay a cpu Snake used a sequence of tech the player wasn't aware of like this was some PM/Melee level nonsense, I think they're actually learning.



Spoilers for a smash game? That's just like posting spoilers for a porn video lol Who cares



"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Honestly jsut stop reading and watching videos if you don't want spoilers.

I do neither and enjoy the game once I buy



 

 

SPOILERS

The Good guys win.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel