By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Unattractive males face rejection by society?

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

I am in my mid 30s and my Mental health issues and Autism and being long-term unemployed make me an unattractive male. There are people with other issues that make them unattractive males and struggle through life and face rejection by society. This is a discussion thread of the struggles of unattractive males facing rejection by society that does not give them a fair chance.

Blaming society for not giving them a “fair chance” doesn’t help anyone. And for the vast majority of them, it is not society’s fault that they are lazy, scared and bitter. For those with crippling disabilities, maybe. But even then, many of those would have some form of support from their loved ones. And for those who have crippliny disabilities AND lack of caring friends/family, well all I gotta say is that I am sympathetic at your plight but I guess you rolled the 6 1’s (aka botch!) in the die roll of life and I hope life swings something your way eventually.

But for the rest: those who can still turn things around but don’t, I have to say that self pity and blaming society is not the way to go. Guess what? Society doesn’t owe you a damn thing. Women actually have a choice and will only go out with you if they want to. And they won’t ever go out with you if you can’t even find worth in yourself.

Frankly, all due respect, I’m not really buyin into this whole thread as I’m almost certain that you’re not being entirely sincere about what you’re posting. But to tackle the OP:

A person becomes a loser because they choose to be. It is a consequence of all the decisions they’ve made all thru the years. The thing is, it’s actually not impossible to turns things around. If they choose not to act on it, then it is something they really cannot blame society for. It is that simple.

To be honest, I think it’s your lack of a decent job that is making you feel and seem “unattractive”. I would start there.

Around the Network

Please shedule your personal life as stressless as possible and work on your selfimage with sports and healthy eating,if you cannot do that in your current position then you need to work towards moving out of this position into a more comfortable place and stop caring about random strangers that could think wrongly of you, ignore them and care about yourself first.

DrDoomz said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

I am in my mid 30s and my Mental health issues and Autism and being long-term unemployed make me an unattractive male. There are people with other issues that make them unattractive males and struggle through life and face rejection by society. This is a discussion thread of the struggles of unattractive males facing rejection by society that does not give them a fair chance.

Blaming society for not giving them a “fair chance” doesn’t help anyone. And for the vast majority of them, it is not society’s fault that they are lazy, scared and bitter. For those with crippling disabilities, maybe. But even then, many of those would have some form of support from their loved ones. And for those who have crippliny disabilities AND lack of caring friends/family, well all I gotta say is that I am sympathetic at your plight but I guess you rolled the 6 1’s (aka botch!) in the die roll of life and I hope life swings something your way eventually.

But for the rest: those who can still turn things around but don’t, I have to say that self pity and blaming society is not the way to go. Guess what? Society doesn’t owe you a damn thing. Women actually have a choice and will only go out with you if they want to. And they won’t ever go out with you if you can’t even find worth in yourself.

Frankly, all due respect, I’m not really buyin into this whole thread as I’m almost certain that you’re not being entirely sincere about what you’re posting. But to tackle the OP:

A person becomes a loser because they choose to be. It is a consequence of all the decisions they’ve made all thru the years. The thing is, it’s actually not impossible to turns things around. If they choose not to act on it, then it is something they really cannot blame society for. It is that simple.

To be honest, I think it’s your lack of a decent job that is making you feel and seem “unattractive”. I would start there.

Yeah when i was an autistic kid i was always shamed for being that way by my family and outside of that i was also different for my skincolour and often looked at in disgust and shunned for it,hard times back then and all this didn't do good on my view at humanity as a whole because i never knew about the positive side of thing's and i started just hating everything for a long time, a very unhealthy deepseated hate and sadness  which till today still frightens me a bit but yeah what i want to say is that a kid is a person still in development and when you are never getting supported by anyone at a very young age and only negative things are incoming then i can kinda understand its easier imprint yourself that society is a rotten corrupted thing.

But yeah when we get older our world expands and we get more freedom on where to go and who to meet and what kind of information to digest to help us open our eyes that there's always hope to get atop of it all and thrive.

So the OP does need to understand that he CAN change things around to have a better life , the tools are there but he needs to step out of his neverending cycle of of blaming and partly selfblaming.

Gain strength set a goal and move towards it and step by step it can get better

I cannot deny that the hand life has dealt me is hardly optimal, but nobody ever said life was fair.

You can't choose the hand you were dealt at birth, but you can choose to make the most of it. Being born at a disadvantage can make it so that life is on "hard mode" compared to some others, (though there are of course millions for whom it is even harder, my life is a cakewalk compared to a lot of people in the third world for example) but that doesn't mean it's impossible and that failure is a foregone conclusion.

I don't feel like I have been rejected by society, or that I am generally disliked or doomed to an unhappy life. I would have answered "yes" to all those things when I was aged 13-23, but at 29 I feel like I have worked my way up to a point where I am generally respected and well liked within my community, and where I am generally happy with where I am in life.

There's still a lot of things I would like to change and improve, and I am working on those things constantly, but I don't feel like I am a failure. A failure with women perhaps, but that's something I still hope to fix.

The only way to guarantee failure is to accept it.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 November 2018

I accepted at 16 I had no chance at dating and never bothered: I am not tall, not rich, not handsome, not muscular and I have no special talent like great at music or sports.
Watching plenty of those Hollywood movies and TV shows I knew dating is too much effort.
I have no people skills at all due to Autism and it is not worth pursuing dating or romance.
Autistics can not make eye contact, talk in monotone voice, lack empathy, no social skills, get easily frustrated, have low emotional intelligence, have limited interests, obsessive compulsive disorder fixed on issue/top/interest, can not relate to others and face rejection by society that is cruel, harsh and judgmental
It is not an easy life being Autistic and rejected by society because most people with Autism face rejection by non-Autistic society.
I wish I never had Autism and I would lead a more happier life and fit into society.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Speak for yourself! Not everyone is happy being alone, source: me. It does seem like he's venting, but eh I say there's nothing with that, surely better than pretending everything is fine and dandy at least.

Happiness comes from within. I know you can't just snip a finger and suddenly be happy but it seems that his misery is mainly caused by misconceptions. That's something he could work on.

I know of extroverts who would literally die if they couldn't share themselves with someone else regularly but he says he's an introvert, so he should be fine. I am a complete introvert and I get by fine just by talking to people over the internet. But I also couldn't live without that contact. I just concentrate on things that make me happy and plenty of those things do not involve other people.

Introvert just means you're shy and lonely, it doesn't necessarily mean you're fine with being shy and lonely. It's great that you're fine with it, but I think it's clear the OP is not.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I accepted at 16 I had no chance at dating and never bothered: I am not tall, not rich, not handsome, not muscular and I have no special talent like great at music or sports.
Watching plenty of those Hollywood movies and TV shows I knew dating is too much effort.
I have no people skills at all due to Autism and it is not worth pursuing dating or romance.
Autistics can not make eye contact, talk in monotone voice, lack empathy, no social skills, get easily frustrated, have low emotional intelligence, have limited interests, obsessive compulsive disorder fixed on issue/top/interest, can not relate to others and face rejection by society that is cruel, harsh and judgmental
It is not an easy life being Autistic and rejected by society because most people with Autism face rejection by non-Autistic society.
I wish I never had Autism and I would lead a more happier life and fit into society.

As someone without autism I can tell ya that ain't a guaranteed thing. What you should want instead is the strength and fortitude to be able to deal with whatever bad hand you're dealt. Course I don't know how to get such strength, wishing for it certainly wont work.

https://www.vox.com/2016/1/29/10860714/autism-diagnosis-adult

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/2/19/17017976/autism-average-age-death-36-stress

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Mid 30s and never dated anyone. It is a tough position, I would not wish this onto anyone.

Pretty much same boat here dude (32). It sucks, but all you can really do is keep your head held high, forget the past and move on, only using the past as a way to motivate and learn from. At least that's what I try to do. I also try to just generally take care of myself physically and mentally, and while I allow myself to sulk or feel bad on occasion, I don't let myself get too low and remind myself you can't change the past, but you can shape your future.

It's aggravating sometimes as I really don't think I'm a bad looking dude, but I think my lack of confidence (tend to have a nervous posture and struggle to look others in the eye) has a lot to do with it. But a new years resolution of mine is to finally begin to rectify this and carry myself in a more positive, confident matter, even if it's tough and I don't really believe it at first. I think that'll go a much much longer way than busting my ass working out 4-5 days a week and such..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Forget about the things you cant have but you can always get muscular(bettering your figure increases attraction from females btw) and you can develop talents,when you start to have one thing you can be proud of it raises your confidence and it might make you a bit more optimistic.

Also do not think you can compare Hollywood movie and tv show dating with real dating.

But i am conflicted with you using this forum to just vent while people give you decent info but you are not here for us trying to help as you deflect everything with more negativity, no  the change start's with yourself and the way you handle it in here is useless for us and for your own problems.

Social isolation can be not just damaging, but can drive someone into a scarcity trap. Some people deprived of close social contact may appear to display behaviors that don’t seem to be doing themselves any favors. It’s easy point at this behaviors and say “no wonder your single,” but the issue is more complicated than that.

The scarcity trap was first found among people in poverty. They appeared to have good short term financial planing, but really bad long term behavior that actually worked to keep them in poverty. People in a hole will often dig themselves deeper. When your brain recognizes a shortage, it focuses on it to the exclusion of proper planing, proper behavior, proper awareness of your surroundings... This has been seen when the shortage is a lack of money, a lack of food, a lack of time, or loneliness. It applies here too. Yelling at people for having a “bad attitude” is about as effective as yelling at the poor for not saving money.