By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Software 6th October 2018

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
kirby007 said:
Next week boiiii launch

God of War was already released in April.

You're a good boi

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Some other thoughts:

- Astro Bot is a bomba, a global opening week of just 31k is pretty bad.

- Crash N.Sane Trilogy on Switch is steaming along nicely, quite healthy sales for a remaster released a year late and on a platform other than its established home.

- 14k global opening for Megaman 11 on Xbox One, yikes. Guess Xbox owners just aren't into retro platformers, or at least boxed releases of them.

PS4 total software domination as always. Only console with 2 titles over 1m this week. With the growth of digital on the platform that's very impressive for fifa and AC.

Spiderman legs insane. Fifa week 2 on ps4 bigger then xbox fifa total. Wow.

AC odyssey ratio around 3:1. Microsoft paid to exclusively promote this franchise for years. I'm surprised it's so dominant on ps4.

God of war hits 5m retail. GG.

Also, as I predicted, Mario Party isn't a system seller.

It moved a lot of software, but hardware sales only got a tiny 12% bump.

curl-6 said:

Pokémon will make up for it 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
curl-6 said:

Pokémon will make up for it 

Oh I have no doubt Let's Go will move quite a lot of hardware. It's just I had several discussions in the last few months about Nintendo's total lack of real system sellers for the 13 months between Odyssey and Let's Go, and several people insisted Mario Party would be a big hardware mover. I insisted it wouldn't be, and well, looks like I was right.

jason1637 said:
Horizon 3 sold 418k at launch. I'm impressed Horizon 4 sold better than 3 did at retail with digital growing and with the game launching on gamepass.

It’s been two years and the user base has increased immensely.

curl-6 said:

Yup r.i.p. that. All up to Pokemon, Smash, and NSMB now for that 20m. My doubts have definitely increased, but I still wont say there's no chance.

Errorist76 said:
jason1637 said:
Horizon 3 sold 418k at launch. I'm impressed Horizon 4 sold better than 3 did at retail with digital growing and with the game launching on gamepass.

It’s been two years and the user base has increased immensely.

Yeah but most games are down physical because of growing digital sales. And Forza is on gamepass.

curl-6 said:

Let's not pretend like that was a bold prediction.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.