By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Over 5 million Pokemon GO players plan to buy a Switch to play Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee

https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/16/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-eevee-pokemon-go-players/

I was just browsing around the internet when I stumbled upon this. It would appear as though GameFreak's humble plan to increase the size of the core Pokemon fanbase may just be working. Analysts have collected some data regarding Pokemon GO players and their stance on Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee. The data was collected from over 55 million active Pokemon GO players.

15% plan to buy Pokemon Lets Go
(~8.25 million)

24% already own a Nintendo Switch
(~13.2 million)

13% of players who DO NOT own a Switch plan to buy Lets Go
(~5.4 million)

admittedly there are some things about this that sound a bit iffy, so take it with a grain of salt, but if this is to be believed, then Lets Go could be a system seller, and could to GameFreak's intentions bring in millions of new fans to the core series.

Around the Network

I wouldn't be too surprised, but until we see the actual results this doesn't really mean much.

the report says that 60% of 55million are active players. It counts the 55M or the actives only?
But the most significant part is that it is USA only, we can at least double it for WW...
Now I see why Nintendo keeps its 20 million forecast.

Pokemon is like Nintendo's most stable system seller. From the Gameboy to the Switch it seems like the Poketrain never really stops. I still don't expect huge numbers for Pokemon Let's Go but it definitely won't be small or even medium.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Doesn't mean much actually. How was the survey conducted, on how many players?

For me, sure, I would like to buy the Switch, and the PSVR, and a new computer. Doesn't mean that I can do it. You could ask the same thing to any active playerbase on an online game ("Are you interested in the new game on this new console") and have similar results, but it doesn't mean that these 5 millions people can or will run to buy a Switch for Pokémon Let's Go launch.

I defended Pokemon Let's Go a while ago by saying that it will work better than some people expect, but free mobile players saying "Yeah, I'm interested in spending 300 dollars for this" doesn't mean that they will all take that step. In an ideal world without any constraints, sure, but not in reality.

A good comparison would be a similar study on Granblue mobile playerbase, with the upcoming PS4 game... 

Around the Network

Sure they do.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm amazed that a quarter of Pokemon Go players own a Switch. My guess is that people were more likely to answer the survey if they owned a Switch or intended to buy one, and that skewed the results. Still, I don't think it's out of the question for Let's Go to trigger five million additional system sales, what with the 3DS population.

Yerm said:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/16/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-eevee-pokemon-go-players/

I was just browsing around the internet when I stumbled upon this. It would appear as though GameFreak's humble plan to increase the size of the core Pokemon fanbase may just be working. Analysts have collected some data regarding Pokemon GO players and their stance on Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee. The data was collected from over 55 million active Pokemon GO players.

15% plan to buy Pokemon Lets Go
(~8.25 million)

24% already own a Nintendo Switch
(~13.2 million)

13% of players who DO NOT own a Switch plan to buy Lets Go
(~5.4 million)

admittedly there are some things about this that sound a bit iffy, so take it with a grain of salt, but if this is to be believed, then Lets Go could be a system seller, and could to GameFreak's intentions bring in millions of new fans to the core series.

Worth nothing they done research just on US market.

And offcourse that Pokemon Lets Go will be system seller game in any case.

Surveys like these are hilariously inaccurate. People who voluntarily submit to being surveyed are already far more likely to being highly engaged in whatever is being surveyed.

No Pokemon game can get me to buy a Switch but Diablo, Smite, and a bunch of third party support finally. My first Nintendo console since Game Cube.