By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Over 5 million Pokemon GO players plan to buy a Switch to play Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee

Impressive, but predictable, since their birth Pokémons were designed to create addiction, and Pokémon Go widened their potential target. Add that NS already is by itself a great and versatile console, with a good game library and quickly growing, and its purchase becomes even more appealing, as the doubts about buying it just for one game disappear.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I'm also planning to buy a switch. A second hand one on ebay in ~five years.
Be careful with polls like this.

Faelco said:

Doesn't mean much actually. How was the survey conducted, on how many players?

For me, sure, I would like to buy the Switch, and the PSVR, and a new computer. Doesn't mean that I can do it. You could ask the same thing to any active playerbase on an online game ("Are you interested in the new game on this new console") and have similar results, but it doesn't mean that these 5 millions people can or will run to buy a Switch for Pokémon Let's Go launch.

I defended Pokemon Let's Go a while ago by saying that it will work better than some people expect, but free mobile players saying "Yeah, I'm interested in spending 300 dollars for this" doesn't mean that they will all take that step. In an ideal world without any constraints, sure, but not in reality.

A good comparison would be a similar study on Granblue mobile playerbase, with the upcoming PS4 game... 

Is that game popular WW? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I bought the switch to play pokemon lets go and smash bros and mario kart and bayonetta
I downloaded pokemon go after buying the switch
I started playing lets go pikachu after 1 day of playing pokemon go