By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS5 announcement coming mid 2019 and more info at PSX 2019

Kyuu said:

I wonder if we'll start hearing about Sony forcing third parties to make a "1080p/30fps~ configuration" for every PS5 game right off the gate.

Around the Network

i think sony will talk about the future plans soon and will tell how they will announce things in the future

This is another rumor which corrobates semiaccurate earlier rumor, they are very similiar. That we will see cross-gen games from Sony and they are aiming for some VR hardware features in PS5. I hope these VR features don't add to the costs or make the spec of the console to be weaker. Gamers has showed with Kinect that we don't want any garbage (yes VR is a waste of time).

This dude says ps5 will have a launch price of 499$ this is good news as my concern with PS5 was we would get a 256-bit bus width memory controllers with 10 TF GPU and the Next xbox would be 384-bit bus width memory controllers and a 15 TF GPU. Something we seeing now with Ps4 pro and Xbox one X. Thus ps5 being a 1440-1600p console while xbox being the true 4k console. It's not certain Sony might still go cheap with the specs as they wanna play it safe.

Seems Ps5 will release early 2020 (march month), probably giving Sony 5+ million head sale start against microsoft :). Another thing to mention is there was a insider at resetera saying that dev-kits going out late this year so we might see some kind of spec leak at any moment.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Intrinsic said:
ironmanDX said:
Perhaps they're ready to launch in March but would rather have a more feature packed console ready to go in November. Just waiting on Microsoft. Neither company wants to give the other too much head start.

Nope.

6 months gap can't make any meaningful difference in possible specs.

Another way to look at it, whatever sony anounces whenever they announce it has been in the oven for years before that point. And we know they are both going with AMD. The only way one comes out being as much as 25% or more powerful than the other is if they wait for aother 2 or 3 years, or mke a console that cost significantly more. 

So sny going from a mtch to november lunch in the same year cant possibly mean that we get a more feature packed console. It wll be the same thing.

It's possible sony will launch a cheaper console, a 10TF GPU with 256-bit bus width memory controllers and Microsoft goes with a 384-bit bus width memory controllers with 15TF as we seeing now with ps4 pro and Xbox one X. Reason for this is to keep manufactoring costs down and safe way to play. Very similiar strategy they went with ps4 and ps4 pro. But my guess is same as yours though, they will both launch 15TF consoles in 2020 and it if this reddit dude is correct it will be 499$ launch price.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Errorist76 said:
Replicant said:

That could indeed be late though.

Remember Microsoft's "History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle"?

What quote is that? It’s definitely not been true for them last gen.

Don Mattrick in 2008 (link).

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Kyuu said:

Skipping E3 2019 very much confirms the obvious: PS5 not launching in 2019.

For specs, I'm not a tech geek, far from it, but Navi being power efficient implies to me that Sony knows what they're doing. I imagine Microsoft's next console will be significantly more capable (50%+ advantage on most fronts) because Sony is possibly designing PS5 as a highly shrinkable platform for a portable SKU to be ready in 3 years post launch. It's a different sense of "hybrid" than Nintendo's concept, but will ultimately appeal to a similar demographic without sacrificing their own playerbase. I'm just not completely buying the idea that Sony is ignoring Switch's global appeal or the state of traditional home consoles in Japan.

I wonder if we'll start hearing about Sony forcing third parties to make a "1080p/30fps~ configuration" for every PS5 game right off the gate.

Can't really agree with that.

Sony doesn't benefit a bit from having a considerable weaker and cheaper device to run the same games on a lesser way portably.

Vita was essentially that, and nobody wanted to play Vita's Uncharted when they had PS3 Uncharted.

Sony and Nintendo audiences are quite different, Sony will gain nothing letting MS step up the whole triple A market to be able to have it portably, and that's what Sony focus on, deliver the highest possible quality to their systems.

The thing would just end up being another Vita, abandoned by everybody after 1 year or 2.

If Sony is planning a side system its definitely a second VR headset, stronger and able to run high quality games smoothly (as higher framerates are needed for better VR experiences), without the need of a powerbase as the PSVR does, likely way earlier in the PS5 cycle (maybe even at launch) and completely focused on taking advantage of their new tech.

About Japan, PS4 is doing just good there and its a massive beast worldwide, honestly it's more likely Sony doesn't even weight it that much rather than shaping a whole secondary system towards it.

I was wondering if it's possible for Sony to make a PSVR2 where the screen can be removed from the headset to become a  portable console .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Trumpstyle said:
Intrinsic said:

Nope.

6 months gap can't make any meaningful difference in possible specs.

Another way to look at it, whatever sony anounces whenever they announce it has been in the oven for years before that point. And we know they are both going with AMD. The only way one comes out being as much as 25% or more powerful than the other is if they wait for aother 2 or 3 years, or mke a console that cost significantly more. 

So sny going from a mtch to november lunch in the same year cant possibly mean that we get a more feature packed console. It wll be the same thing.

It's possible sony will launch a cheaper console, a 10TF GPU with 256-bit bus width memory controllers and Microsoft goes with a 384-bit bus width memory controllers with 15TF as we seeing now with ps4 pro and Xbox one X. Reason for this is to keep manufactoring costs down and safe way to play. Very similiar strategy they went with ps4 and ps4 pro. But my guess is same as yours though, they will both launch 15TF consoles in 2020 and it if this reddit dude is correct it will be 499$ launch price.

You are not serious if u think  that Sony is skipping E3 only for annouce something that weak. Sony will not let MS having console more powerfull about 5tf. Sorry such dumb thinking. Show anya sources that making you think that ms will left  15tf machine while Sony put 10tf rubbish console. And be real ps5 with 1440-1600p will not happen Sony and MS console will be both native 4k. They will not let MS powerfull console and they will not let them having marketing for most powerfull console in history, thats all.

Soundwave said:
If I'm Microsoft I'd wait a bit and then release a more powerful system in late 2020.

Lets say you give Sony a years headstart.... anything less than a year wont allow you to put out anything better.

I feel like Sony will just run away with the entire gen if you give them a headstart.
MS doesnt need to do Sony any favors in the console market.

Trumpstyle said:

my concern with PS5 was we would get a 256-bit bus width memory controllers

Why would that be an issue? 256bit bus is fine, you just need DRAM with sufficient clockrate to make the difference... And GDDR6 fills that need.

Trumpstyle said:

with 10 TF GPU and the Next xbox would be 384-bit bus width memory controllers and a 15 TF GPU.

Can you tell us what kind of geometry performance you would like to see? Bandwidth numbers? Texturing performance? Compression Ratios? Feature sets? Quarter/Double/Integer capabilities? You know... Everything else that tells us the capabilities of the GPU.

Trumpstyle said:

And be real ps5 with 1440-1600p will not happen Sony and MS console will be both native 4k.

If 4k ain't happening on PC. It's not happening on Console... Especially with AMD's current terrible GPU hardware.

zkp said:

Sony will not let MS having console more powerfull about 5tf.

Why not? Flops isn't everything, Sony could have a GPU that is better at 4k even with 5 Teraflops less of single precision floating point capability.

Flops is allot like bits, pretty useless at telling us the complete capabilities of an entire platform.

zkp said:

They will not let MS powerfull console and they will not let them having marketing for most powerfull console in history, thats all.

Microsoft beat the Playstation 2 hands down. - And for a big chunk of last gen the Xbox 360 had better performing multiplats... And the 8th gen, Microsoft has bested the Playstation 4 Pro.
So, if history is anything to go by... Microsoft has been Sony's equal or better on the hardware front.

But at the end of the day... If you are truly a graphics/hardware/performance snob like myself, you wouldn't be using any console anyway.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

melbye said:

Announcement in May 2019 for a March 2020 release, which happens to be the 20th anniversary of PS2 in Japan

Id love to see that.
After the Switch did a early year release, and not wasteing their first holiday push.... Im hopeing Sony does so too.
Imo its a better way of doing things.