By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS5 announcement coming mid 2019 and more info at PSX 2019

I'm ready for whenever in truth. Half of me is already waiting for the gen to be over, to see what PS5 and in particular PSVR 2 have to offer. If it is going to be revealed at PSX 2019 I hope it is released Spring 2020. A year of nothing much doesn't appeal. I'm happy with $499 too. Better to be exactly what it needs for next gen, instead of scrimping and saving to meet $399.

Around the Network

Out for 2020 like a lot of said in my opinion.

Last edited by Keiji - on 15 November 2018

Soundwave said:
If I'm Microsoft I'd wait a bit and then release a more powerful system in late 2020.

Sure, we can all see how Microsoft is beating Sony thanks to the power of the Xbox One X... 

Announcement in May 2019 for a March 2020 release, which happens to be the 20th anniversary of PS2 in Japan

Faelco said:
Soundwave said:
If I'm Microsoft I'd wait a bit and then release a more powerful system in late 2020.

Sure, we can all see how Microsoft is beating Sony thanks to the power of the Xbox One X... 

Right, but that was nearly mid gen, they did that when there was no chance to catch up. Releasing a more powerful system at the same time as PS5 is a totally different story.  I don't know how likely that scenario is, but logically what the other guy said would make sense. Of course Microsoft still has to bring the games even with a powerful system too lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

PwerlvlAmy said:
Faelco said:

Right, but that was nearly mid gen, they did that when there was no chance to catch up. Releasing a more powerful system at the same time as PS5 is a totally different story.  I don't know how likely that scenario is, but logically what the other guy said would make sense. Of course Microsoft still has to bring the games even with a powerful system too lol

But you guys didn't think of the price. You think you can do a better hardware without selling at a higher price the same year ?

Keiji said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

But you guys didn't think of the price. You think you can do a better hardware without selling at a higher price the same year ?

I'm banking on both the next xbox and ps5 to be $500 personally

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Keiji said:

I don't agree on that at all. And even if that was the case, it would have the same power.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Keiji said:

No way, one of them has to at least be $400.