By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon: Let's Go Reviews! Metacritic - 81(Pikachu)/81(Eevee) OpenCritic - 82

Will you be getting this game?

Yes 49 59.04%

No 34 40.96%

Total:83
StarOcean said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

So which is the truth? Rhetorical question because it is in fact a mainline game. Nintendo said as much when they announced it and the finished product does indeed play like a traditional Pokemon game. The removal of content and mechanics doesn't mean it's suddenly a different genre, just that it's a worse game. Even if it were true that it's a spin-off, less content is still less content, being a spin-off doesn't somehow make that a good thing. Gates to Infinity for example got criticized for not including all Pokemon all the same.

It’s both. A remake of Yellow while a spin-off of Go. 

Mechanics were replaced not removed. You act as though you cannot interact with wild Pokemon anymore. I also never said it was a different genre. Pokemon XD and Colosseum and they “play” like a traditional Pokemon game and are still both RPGs. Also keep in mind this is not a remake of Red/Blue or FR/LG. It is Yellow which before aside from a handful of tweaks did not reflect the anime as much as this game does. It does not have less content than Yellow, it has more.

Tell me how this game has less content than Yellow version

Alright fine it's both. I don't care much for semantics so I'll just give that one to ya. :L

There is no replacement for held items and abilitys that I'm aware of. As for wild battles, I actually like that they're not random, though I'd definitely prefer the option to battle. Also, I'm of course using the most recent games as the standard rather than one from 20 years ago. Being a remake is not a valid excuse either, especially when previous remakes did include the most recent Pokemon/graphics/features/mechanics/etc.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
abronn627 said:

Have you actually played the game ?

Nope but I've seen enough of it.

Your opinion means less than nothing. Play the game then come back to us with your opinion.

pikashoe said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Your opinion means less than nothing. Play the game then come back to us with your opinion.

Ha, trying to make someone pay for a game they wont like for the sake of arguing about it. Thankfully that's unnecessary as the facts my opinion is based on wont change regardless of whether or not I play the game.

Kerotan said:
My high end, expected and low end predictions on VizionEck were

Currently at 82 so right between by high end and expected result. Hopefully it drops a few points and my prediction will be pretty good.

Nailed it.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
pikashoe said:

Ha, trying to make someone pay for a game they wont like for the sake of arguing about it. Thankfully that's unnecessary as the facts my opinion is based on wont change regardless of whether or not I play the game.

You don't need to pay for it, you can borrow it off someone.

There is a huge difference between watching or reading about a game and actually playing a game. I was pretty on the fence about the game before playing, but have had a lot of fun with it so far.

Anyway I'm finished with you, I don't think you have anything to contribute to the conversation on this game.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Considering it's mostly a remake, and considering they've extensively shown all changes and new mechanics in gameplay videos already, it doesn't really make any difference whether he has played it or not. He can still have a well-founded opinion about it.

StarOcean said:
flashfire926 said:

Biased towards what or whom? This game looks to be devoid of content (less content than than the $40 3ds games), with many essential things like wild battles, held items, and abilties stripped out. Graphics look like an upressed 3DS game.

And they are pandering to genwunners yet again (return to the worst region ugh). so hard that they couldnt even be bothered to include evos to gen 1 mons from future gens.

This is a spin-off. And a remake at that. Wild battles are not essential. Held items, again, are not essential unless you’re anticipating abilities which you already addressed. There’s no reason for abilities besides giving the Pokemon its own gimmick. And the style is fine. 

Worst region is Unova, btw. 

I like how the narrative can change from spinoff to maingame whenever people want, whatever is convenient for the argument.

Held items and abilities have been in pokemon for a long time now. Also, held items are tied to abilities how? Do you even play pokemon? 

No, B2/W2 Unova is way better than Kanto. It's not even a question. Again, Nostalgia glasses need to be taken off.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

pikashoe said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

You don't need to pay for it, you can borrow it off someone.

There is a huge difference between watching or reading about a game and actually playing a game. I was pretty on the fence about the game before playing, but have had a lot of fun with it so far.

Anyway I'm finished with you, I don't think you have anything to contribute to the conversation on this game.

My name is Lonely_Dolphin for a reason. You're gonna have to buy me the game if you want me to play it.

Feel free to explain what that huge difference is and how it would affect the aforementioned facts my opinion is based on. Pretty sure playing it wont suddenly put Pachirisu in the game, therefore I will never like it.

Fair enough, ignorance is bliss afterall.

I was actually surprisingly interested in getting the game at some point, but then I heard the game forces motion controls on to you on docked mode and that kinda killed my interest on the game at least for now. I hope they patch that pointless restriction out of the game, and then this might actually become the first Pokemon game in almost two decades that I spent a significant amount of time in.

So apparently to review something we don't need to play it. Watching some gameplay is enough. That's good to know. Imagine if people said this about films, tv, books, albums.