By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon: Let's Go Reviews! Metacritic - 81(Pikachu)/81(Eevee) OpenCritic - 82

Will you be getting this game?

Yes 49 59.04%

No 34 40.96%

Total:83
flashfire926 said:
JWeinCom said:

1.  Maybe not to you.  For me, it was.  Apparently, I'm not the only one.  And you're focusing only on the single player, not the multiplayer.  

2.  Sure, nobody is forcing you.  But by making it an actual realistic goal to complete the Pokemon, it makes it something people may want to do and enjoy doing.  I haven't really cared about filling out the Pokedex since gen 3 when it became practically impossible (I think it was literally impossible till fire Heart Gold and Soul Silver).  Now, it's an element of the game I actually care about.  That's accessibility.  

As for it being casually focused, no argument there.  Which is why I started by saying that the complaints coming from the hardcore fans are that this is not for them.  But for either casual fans, or fans like me that like the hardcore elements of Pokemon but don't have the time to invest, it's a great experience.  Not every game has to be for everyone.

1) where you playing the games with your eyes closed or something? The games are piss easy, and you have to go out of the way and try to lose to actually lose. 

2) By your logic, its more inpossible to do the pokedex in lets go because its actually impossible to get all mons, unlike sun/moon where its actually possible (although difficult)

Just because you dont care doesnt mean that the rest of us dont care.

1.  Uhhhh... I don't know how else to say this since I explained in the long post, and then again to you just now.  Multiplayer exists.  It's an element that can be very obtuse to players in the newer games, so many of them don't participate in it.  This game makes it more accessible to them. So players who may not have played around with the multiplayer much in other games, may choose to do so in this one.  Like me.

Just gotta say, it's kind of strange that people supposedly arguing on behalf of the hardcore crowd are acting like the multiplayer part of Pokemon doesn't exist.  And maybe that's part of the problem.  Based on the singleplayer experience alone, there's really not much reason to recommend Let's Go over Sun and Moon to anyone who has at played at least some of the games before.  So, for those casual fans of the series who just want to go through the single player mode, maybe this just isn't for them.  Most of the improvements are for those who want to enjoy the multiplayer with a lower time commitment or those getting into it for the first time.

2.  When someone says "by your logic", you know they're going to say something that in no way reflects your actual logic. 

In Pokemon Go, you are presented with a Pokedex and told to gather data on 150 Pokemon.  This is something that can absolutely be accomplished in that game, without having to go through seven generations of Pokemon titles over three different gaming devices.  When a player sees this, they may think "hey that sounds like an interesting challenge". 

On the other hand, when you are presented with a Pokedex that has 800 different entries, and would require completing playing six other games to complete (or spending a lot of time searching message boards for trades), the average person is going to be like "uhhhh no".

One game presents you with a reasonable goal to shoot for.  The other does not.  To the point where they actually don't really even push the Pokedex as a feature anymore, and actually stopped using "gotta catch em all" as a tag line.  This is really not my main point, but this is just one example of how this game is more accessible. 

If you care and are getting upset that a product not designed for you includes things you don't like or doesn't include things that you do like... than I don't know what to say.  That's a rather dumb thing to care about.  Not everything has to be designed to your tastes.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 23 November 2018