By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon: Let's Go Reviews! Metacritic - 81(Pikachu)/81(Eevee) OpenCritic - 82

Will you be getting this game?

Yes 49 59.04%

No 34 40.96%

Total:83

Pretty much the score I expected. An 8/10 is positive enough to satisfy others and Nintendo, while not high enough to seem like the game is the next best.

Around the Network

Pokemon Lets Go is currently among the top games being viewed on Twitch. Not bad for a “spin-off” that some have dismissed because of no wild Pokemon battles and such.

Yeah I noticed that it seems to be well received by players as well.

So far, I'm enjoying Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. The catching mechanic works well imo. I prefer wild Pokemon battles, though.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
So far, I'm enjoying Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. The catching mechanic works well imo. I prefer wild Pokemon battles, though.

Yeah the game is great. I also prefer wild battles but the catching mechanic works well enough for this game.

Around the Network

Also when i got my copy at gamestopp i got a pretty cool poster with the map on one side and a picture of charizard and some trainers.

jason1637 said:
Also when i got my copy at gamestopp i got a pretty cool poster with the map on one side and a picture of charizard and some trainers.

That map looks cool. 

I'm even more suspicious of the reviews after playing the game for a few hours. I got the game as a surprise present today, and am playing through. The game itself is much better than I was expecting, but there's something that makes me very worried for next year's games; the frame rate is atrocious, somehow even worse than on the 3DS. The game runs at an unstable 20-30fps and stutters heavily in any area with much going on. It stuttered so badly (definitely under 10fps) in Viridian Forest that I thought my Switch was dying.

Game Freak are terrible devs and they really need to bring in a lot of new expertise or get help from another dev to make next years games or they're going to fall far short of what they could be.

It's much better than I thought it would be, but technical issues like this were already unforgivable on the 3DS, to get even worse on the switch is astounding. It deserves between 70-75/100

RingoGaSuki said:
I'm even more suspicious of the reviews after playing the game for a few hours. I got the game as a surprise present today, and am playing through. The game itself is much better than I was expecting, but there's something that makes me very worried for next year's games; the frame rate is atrocious, somehow even worse than on the 3DS. The game runs at an unstable 20-30fps and stutters heavily in any area with much going on. It stuttered so badly (definitely under 10fps) in Viridian Forest that I thought my Switch was dying.

Game Freak are terrible devs and they really need to bring in a lot of new expertise or get help from another dev to make next years games or they're going to fall far short of what they could be.

It's much better than I thought it would be, but technical issues like this were already unforgivable on the 3DS, to get even worse on the switch is astounding. It deserves between 70-75/100

Tbh i have yet to notice any big framedrops.

jason1637 said:
RingoGaSuki said:

Tbh i have yet to notice any big framedrops.

Same.