By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - American Republican Jesus

If Jesus came down from heaven right now republicans would probably assume he's a Muslim then try to get him deported

Around the Network
Branko2166 said:
Be careful what you wish for. SJW/collectivist Jesus will be something else.

That sounds exactly what Jesus actually was, or at least what he would be called. Sharing fish and bread instead of telling people to work for it? Preposterous! Not to mention literally telling people to leave their families and giving up their wealth.

This actually reminds me of a Republican Young twitter account which asked followers what gun Jesus would like the most if he was still alive. Like, for real, they weren't joking.

The entire problem with this concept is that Jesus had nothing to do with government. The government actually hated him and had him killed. Jesus taught for each individual to make their world better, not give nearly half of their belongings to the government to handle things. The policy was also 10% tithing to the church. The government always finds a way to get close to half, very immoral. Especially when we know they waste and funnel a lot of it. It's probably why the Right constantly gives more to charity than the Left. Their responsibility, not governments.

As always, it's funny to see the Left bust out Jesus whenever it's convenient. Are there hypocrites on the Right when it comes to religion? Of course. But the vast majority lie within the Left. They steal from taxpayers for their own gains and power. They tried to take God out of their convention platform, only being forced to keep it by those in charge. They do not teach tolerance, but demand full acceptance and praise for their ideals, threatening those that disagree. And they promote the killing of the little ones Jesus loved so much, not in horrible, life-threatening circumstances, but just as your everyday ordinary birth control.

thismeintiel said:

The entire problem with this concept is that Jesus had nothing to do with government. The government actually hated him and had him killed. Jesus taught for each individual to make their world better, not give nearly half of their belongings to the government to handle things. The policy was also 10% tithing to the church. The government always finds a way to get close to half, very immoral. Especially when we know they waste and funnel a lot of it. It's probably why the Right constantly gives more to charity than the Left. Their responsibility, not governments.

As always, it's funny to see the Left bust out Jesus whenever it's convenient. Are there hypocrites on the Right when it comes to religion? Of course. But the vast majority lie within the Left. They steal from taxpayers for their own gains and power. They tried to take God out of their convention platform, only being forced to keep it by those in charge. They do not teach tolerance, but demand full acceptance and praise for their ideals, threatening those that disagree. And they promote the killing of the little ones Jesus loved so much, not in horrible, life-threatening circumstances, but just as your everyday ordinary birth control.

Because healthcare and safety nets are "for their own gains and power" apparently. how many anti tax republicans actually donate to charity and help people that are less fortunate and how do those numbers compare to what could be accomplished if America had tax rates that were comparable to most of Europe, Canada, Asia ect? I've heard a lot about tax cuts recently but I don't recall hearing much about charity donations going up. That's why I can't vote republican, whole party is too focused on their own wallets and that's why we are flat out worse off in regards to education, wealth inequality and healthcare

ResilientFighter said:

They think jesus is a white American male who did not dedicate his life to helping the poor the hungry the homeless the lepers and was extremely anti violence and vengeance
They think he stands for anti abortion and anti lgbt laws plus pro unlimited guns and stand your ground laws

Mummelmann said:
That was pretty damn good!

Ditto these two.

Branko2166 said:
Be careful what you wish for. SJW/collectivist Jesus will be something else.

While not being a Jesus parody, I'm pretty sure there was something like that on South Park. I believe he was called 'Hippie Liberal Douche'.

Around the Network

Always love when atheist come in and tell me what I believe or follow.

o_O.Q said:
if you ask me i've been seeing more religious nonsense from the democrats recently

but regardless imo the minute you let tribal nonsense seep into your brain like "democrats are bad" or "republicans are bad" and start coloring your perception then you're no better than a puppet and deserve to be manipulated as you definitely will be

I wouldn't say religious nonsense but certainly more uptight puritanism from them lately, it just takes on a different form than the right wing breed of puritanism.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

LiquorandGunFun said:
yawn, thats all OP? any more anti republican rhetoric?

I didn't post any anti-republican rhetoric.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

ResilientFighter said:

They think jesus is a white American male who did not dedicate his life to helping the poor the hungry the homeless the lepers and was extremely anti violence and vengeance
They think he stands for anti abortion and anti lgbt laws plus pro unlimited guns and stand your ground laws

So does the Vatican, so I don't see whats purely American about that. And the Vatican has its own army. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

collint0101 said:
thismeintiel said:

Because healthcare and safety nets are "for their own gains and power" apparently. how many anti tax republicans actually donate to charity and help people that are less fortunate and how do those numbers compare to what could be accomplished if America had tax rates that were comparable to most of Europe, Canada, Asia ect? I've heard a lot about tax cuts recently but I don't recall hearing much about charity donations going up. That's why I can't vote republican, whole party is too focused on their own wallets and that's why we are flat out worse off in regards to education, wealth inequality and healthcare

Again, policies that give the government more money and control.  Unless you are naive enough to believe every dime of that money is spent well and goes to the exact causes.  If you do, I have a bridge for sale.  Either way, something Jesus was not about.  Individual responsibility, not an overpowering government that dictates everything for everyone. 

Well, 2017 was the first time charitable giving crossed $400B, hitting $410B, so...yea, I'd say so.  And 2018 may be even larger. People are also seeing higher wages, which is always good.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 13 November 2018