By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Possible Launch titles for next Xbox / overview of current MS Studios

Barkley said:
Kerotan said:
I don't believe next xbox is 2019. Holiday 2020 maybe. If halo infinite and gears 5 come out on xbox one first i believe they will be screwed next gen. They need to come out all guns blazing. Like never before or else they'll pale in comparison to their rivals. Halo infinite and gears 5 might be cross gen though.

I expect Halo Infinite and Forza 8 to be launch titles for the next xbox. Possibly crossgen. Holiday 2020. Gears 5 on Xbox One won't screw them.

I think there is a near 100% chance that the next Halo is a launch title for next gen.  As for Forza, I'd figure they want to launch with a Horizon game, if possible, as it is a bigger seller.

Around the Network

Next Xbox launch year:
Halo: Infinite
Forza Motorsport 8
Rare's new IP
Fable 4
Age of Empire 4
Forza Horizon 5

We'd get ports of late Xbox One games such as:
Gears Tactics
"Bleeding Edge" Ninja Theory 2nd team
Minecraft Dungeons

Not sure they're coming 2021:
State of Decay 3
Ninja Theory game - Hellblade team or the third team

Initiative, Obsidian, Inexile, MSGP & Compulsion will be late 2021 or beyond.

Halo: Infinite is no way going to be 2019. Xbox already has a decent lineup in 2019 for what it is (An Xbox Lineup). Halo: Infinite will probably be a 1st half 2020 title for Xbox One with a release day one on XB4

I would be surprised if Halo: Infinite was a launch title for Next Gen.
Would mean that Halo 5 was the only mainline release for the Xbox One... And would be a missed opportunity to shine the Xbox One X in a good light.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Would mean that Halo 5 was the only mainline release for the Xbox One... And would be a missed opportunity to shine the Xbox One X in a good light.

It will be 'Breath of the Wild' like release. 

Around the Network

They have a very good flow of companies releasing games now. With the two new inclusions, id expect atleast 2 to 3 AAA 1st party games on a yearly basis.
Halo Infinite, Forza 8 and possibly 1 other new IP to launch on the Next Box.

I see Gears 5, Ori Will of the Wisp and Battletoads to close the XB1 catalog of games as we head into next gen territory.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 13 November 2018

Pemalite said:

Maybe MS has the impression Halo:MCC and Halo 5 is good enough for the X1X? Both got patches for the hardware and now best way to experience those games.

Frankly, I don't mind if we don't get another major Halo game until Infinite. But holy fuck, atleast make a ODST/Reach type of side story with the Halo 5 engine. The gameplay is great, they should just take another jab at a campaign and make it feel more like previous Halo games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

we will see, phil has been doing good things for the xbox brand after it was destroyed by the last guy, forgot his name as it isnt worth mentioning.

This is a cool thread!  Going to make one for Sony too - someone should do one for Nintendo as well.

As someone that's always been a Nintendo or Sony gamer, it's just good for gaming as a whole that Microsoft aren't simply relying on Gears of War, Halo, and Forza anymore. If they continue to improve, I might even buy their next console.