By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games will be nominated for GOTY this year?

The Game Awards is going to release the nominees for its award ceremony on November 13th, including games released between November 24th 2017 and November 17th 2018. So, what games do you think will be nominated for Game of the Year?

My predictions:
- God of War
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Monster Hunter World
- Spider-Man

My reasonable wishes:
- Celeste
- Into the Breach
- Dead Cells

My impossible wishes:
- Gorogoa
- Iconoclasts

B O I

Around the Network

Nominations:
God of War
Red Dead Redemption II
Monster Hunter World
Spiderman
Forza Horizon 4

And without a doubt one of the first two will win it.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

God of War
RDR 2
Spider-Man
Forza Horizon 4
Monster Hunter

RDR II, God of War, Monster Hunter World. I wish Octopath Traveler, but it will not happen. Smash comes to late to the party. RDR II will win, it is so far ahead of the other games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I really hope Xenoblade 2, either the base game or Torna, get nominated for something. Definitely deserves it, one of my favorite RPGs and close to my favorite game last year. I'd also hope for Valkyria Chronicles 4 to get some recognition.

Spiderman, God of War, and Red Dead Redemption are probably shoe-ins for GOTY though. Maybe Monster Hunter will get something too. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Spider-Man
Red Dead Redemption 2
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

and then i would go 50/50 on
God of War
Octopath Traveler
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

Yerm said:
Spider-Man
Red Dead Redemption 2

LuccaCardoso1 said: 

The Game Awards is going to release the nominees for its award ceremony on November 13th, including games released between November 24th 2017 and November 17th 2018.

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:

Yerm said:
Spider-Man
Red Dead Redemption 2

LuccaCardoso1 said: 

The Game Awards is going to release the nominees for its award ceremony on November 13th, including games released between November 24th 2017 and November 17th 2018.

in that case, swap out SSB for Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Yeah, people seem to have mentioned the main ones. Only other one I hope get some recognition is Ni No Kuni 2.

Mnementh said:
RDR II, God of War, Monster Hunter World. I wish Octopath Traveler, but it will not happen. Smash comes to late to the party. RDR II will win, it is so far ahead of the other games.

You must have not played GOW or probably don't own a PS4 or both. cause thats the only way someone can make such a statement.

Unless being a fully open world game (as opposed to the more linear open world of GOW) is a gauranteed shoe in for GOTY, then yes there is no chace for GOW.

But if both games are taken on their own merit the its gonna be a really tough decision for anyone to make having to pick between those two games. Even spiderman has some merit too.