Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games will be nominated for GOTY this year?

RDR2, Spider-Man, God of War and Monster Hunter World.


And most likely RDR2 will win most of GOTYs, when I feel God of War deserves it.



Around the Network
Mr_No said:
And most likely RDR2 will win most of GOTYs, when I feel God of War deserves it.

It's called an open world. Most awards seem to love those.



G O O D B O I

Just thought, I know RDr2 is primarily a 3rd person shooter or action game. But it can also be played primarily in 1st person (I playing it that way). Could it therefore win both awards?



KLXVER said:
Yeah, people seem to have mentioned the main ones. Only other one I hope get some recognition is Ni No Kuni 2.

I can only dream.



SecondWar said:
Just thought, I know RDr2 is primarily a 3rd person shooter or action game. But it can also be played primarily in 1st person (I playing it that way). Could it therefore win both awards?

There's no differentiation between FPSs and TPSs on The Game Awards.



G O O D B O I

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:
SecondWar said:
Just thought, I know RDr2 is primarily a 3rd person shooter or action game. But it can also be played primarily in 1st person (I playing it that way). Could it therefore win both awards?

There's no differentiation between FPSs and TPSs on The Game Awards.

Oh, I meant GotY awards in general, as I know a few places do give separate awards.



LuccaCardoso1 said:
Mr_No said:
And most likely RDR2 will win most of GOTYs, when I feel God of War deserves it.

It's called an open world. Most awards seem to love those.

Well when you drill done to it, God of War is a corridor combat game. Whilst the relationship between the 2 protagonists drives the plot that is really the main thing that makes the game great rather than just good. A lot of the combat, particularly before you get the blades of chaos, is repetitive and the first cave sequence got rather dull (walk 20 paces, kill 5 of the same enemies, repeat 10 times)



SecondWar said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

It's called an open world. Most awards seem to love those.

Well when you drill done to it, God of War is a corridor combat game. Whilst the relationship between the 2 protagonists drives the plot that is really the main thing that makes the game great rather than just good. A lot of the combat, particularly before you get the blades of chaos, is repetitive and the first cave sequence got rather dull (walk 20 paces, kill 5 of the same enemies, repeat 10 times)

I'm not saying that God of War deserves to win more than RDR2 (I haven't played much of either one), I'm just saying that awards seem to love open world games.



G O O D B O I