By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games will be nominated for GOTY this year?

LuccaCardoso1 said:
Mr_No said:
And most likely RDR2 will win most of GOTYs, when I feel God of War deserves it.

It's called an open world. Most awards seem to love those.

Well when you drill done to it, God of War is a corridor combat game. Whilst the relationship between the 2 protagonists drives the plot that is really the main thing that makes the game great rather than just good. A lot of the combat, particularly before you get the blades of chaos, is repetitive and the first cave sequence got rather dull (walk 20 paces, kill 5 of the same enemies, repeat 10 times)

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

It's called an open world. Most awards seem to love those.

Well when you drill done to it, God of War is a corridor combat game. Whilst the relationship between the 2 protagonists drives the plot that is really the main thing that makes the game great rather than just good. A lot of the combat, particularly before you get the blades of chaos, is repetitive and the first cave sequence got rather dull (walk 20 paces, kill 5 of the same enemies, repeat 10 times)

I'm not saying that God of War deserves to win more than RDR2 (I haven't played much of either one), I'm just saying that awards seem to love open world games.

B O I