By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Inside Xbox @ X018 thread. November 10th, 1pm PT, 4pm ET, 9pm GMT

KiigelHeart said:
Snoopy said:

That's why I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft uses Minecraft as a leverage over PS5 next gen.

Nah I hope they won't. They just said it's a game that brings people together all around the world. 

PS4 owners didn't even get some of the new updates. If they announce Minecraft is on ps5, that can't force people to buy an xbox for minecraft which can result in less xbox sells.

Around the Network

One thing though, Playstation won't allow minecraft bedrock edition with cross compatibility, yet every other platform was fine with it. They might skip PS5 for that reason.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I hope they finish strong (it needs it)... common X018 , give us something new and unexpected here.

They said any mouse and keyboard works. That's great news.

so far (that I remember)

Void Bastards
BC to play FF13 + FF13-2
some games added to gamepass
DLC for Tomb Raider, Sea of theives, State of Decay

We need more right?

Around the Network

Skyrim coming to game pass? I could've sworn I saw the dragonborn in that crowd.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Winter arcade sounds cool. I bet Ashen and Below will be in it.

shikamaru317 said:
Errorist76 said:

No chance in hell they miss out on billions of dollar. Can’t see t happening. They’d enrage millions of fans.

They kept it multiplat this gen because they acquired the IP mid gen, it was nice of them to keep it multiplat since some people had already made their platform choice at that point and they didn't want to have to force people to buy a 2nd console in order to play Minecraft. But next gen is a fresh start, if they announce it's exclusive right from the start minecraft fans will know to choose Xbox 4 over PS5 for their first console of the gen. There is no reason for them to keep it multiplat when it can boost hardware sales for Xbox 4 massively and help them close some of the massive gap that we saw this gen. 

I’m telling you, it would get huge amounts of bad PR and doing that while promoting cross-play at the same time would seem incredibly hypocritical.

Forza DLC?

Errorist76 said:
shikamaru317 said:

They kept it multiplat this gen because they acquired the IP mid gen, it was nice of them to keep it multiplat since some people had already made their platform choice at that point and they didn't want to have to force people to buy a 2nd console in order to play Minecraft. But next gen is a fresh start, if they announce it's exclusive right from the start minecraft fans will know to choose Xbox 4 over PS5 for their first console of the gen. There is no reason for them to keep it multiplat when it can boost hardware sales for Xbox 4 massively and help them close some of the massive gap that we saw this gen. 

I’m telling you, it would get huge amounts of bad PR and doing that while promoting cross-play at the same time would seem incredibly hypocritical.

Sony didn't want cross play or be involved with xbox live. Nintendo didn't mind and even has Xbox live achievements. And again, it would get a lot of users on xbox right away as well.