By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People Worked Up Over Mr. Game N Watch

Rule No.1 of trolling. You rile up a couple of people so that more people go against them and even more against them. Thanks for spreading the cancer.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I really wish we would stop giving a voice to extremist lunatics, it just empowers them. Just ignore them, point and laugh at them, etc. I'll never in a million years understand why so many seem to fear (or at least try and hear out) these cultural authoritarians as I like to call them. What exactly are they worried about if they defy them?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

To me it seems like the people who are supposed to be offended by these things are never actually offended.

Last edited by HintHRO - on 06 November 2018

I'd only be offended by this if it turns out that this F-Smash got nerfed from its Smash 4 iteration. Then again, if you're Mr. Game 'n' Watch, you're probably going to use up-smash (as a kill confirm) or down-smash (as an edgeguard) more instead, anyway.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

HintHRO said:

To me it seems like the people who are supposed to be offended by these things are never actually offended.

I'm offended that they aren't.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
twintail said:
CaptainExplosion said: 

Some people will just bitch and moan about any damn thing. -_-

racism is racism. No point in trying to defend it.

Besides, they changed that sprite in the GBA release so that it doesn't look like a native american stereotype. 

This is not racism at all though...

vivster said:
HintHRO said:

When you've been taking it on the chin for hundreds of years from a world that barely knows you exist and a national government that hardly cares, you learn to just kind of deal with it.

Mr. Game & Watch really isn't all that offensive in this case, by the way. Simply sticking a feather on his head doesn't portray a negative stereotype, nor is fire necessarily associate with such things.

Nintendo will chicken out and get rid of this for the final release (or in a patch), Mark. my. words. Everyone is so quick to give into the loudest few extremists, as they are terrified of any kind of corporate backlash, it happens time after time. I call it cultural terrorism. It'll happen, just watch. I promise you.. Smh.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

burninmylight said:
vivster said:

When you've been taking it on the chin for hundreds of years from a world that barely knows you exist and a national government that hardly cares, you learn to just kind of deal with it.

Mr. Game & Watch really isn't all that offensive in this case, by the way. Simply sticking a feather on his head doesn't portray a negative stereotype, nor is fire necessarily associate with such things.

^ this.

I dont get how this is supposedly racism....

CaptainExplosion said:
morenoingrato said:
Don't be worked up about this Captain Explosion, it's just a reference to the original G&W videogame.

I'm not the one offended, the idiots are.

Oops. My bad. I mistook. Old habits die hard.