By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Kai_Mao said:
It’s kinda funny that of all games that people are getting at Amazon to go with their MK8D BF Switch Bundle, they’re mostly going for Just Dance 2019. Just bizarre. Though I’m glad DBFZ, MM11, LEGO, and Starlink are making noise for Switch in terms of third party.

To be fair Just Dance 2019. has price point of $25, most of other Switch games are $60.

Around the Network

Damn, Switch MK8D bundle being on second position in overall gaming section is very impressive.

animegaming said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

No one has stock of the bundle at this point, though Amazon blew their load on Sunday I believe and hasn't had any since. 

Damn, Sony foolishly underestimate the demand for this bundle, wouldn't be shock if the Switch takes Black Friday just due to Sony both underestimating and releasing this bundle a bit too early. 

Pretty sure Sony had a set amount of consoles to sell this week. I doubt it had to do with demand at all. When you sell a crazy value item you know there is going to demand but there's also a limit how much you want to sell at a loss.

It wouldnt surprise me if Switch actually sold the most on Black Friday either. Some insider hinted about there being approx 1/3 of MK8DX bundles compared to Spidey bundles but they werent availible all week long so it might skew the sales towards black friday and there's likely not that many Spidey bundles left. But PS4 has sold so extremely many bundles during the week that they've practically had several black fridays already hehe. 

I could totally see PS4 closing in on 2M though.. that would be crazy enough to happen. Switch will likely make a big jump from last years sales.. dare I think 1.4-1.5?

Amazon UK seems to have some great switch deals
Switch console £249.99
Switch Pokemon bundle with pokeball £329.99
Switch console with Mario kart £288.99
Switch console with Mario odyssey £288.99
Switch console with headset £269.99
Switch console with just dance £269.99
Switch console with Mario party £288.99
Switch console with pro controller £299.99
Switch console with extra joy cons £309.99

The Xbox one s has even better bundles
Fortnite bundle £169.99
Forza horizon 4 bundle £169.99
Tomb raider bundle £169.99
Battlefield 5 bundle £169.99
They have 3 bundles with 3 games for £199.99 (two of those do have fallout 76 in them).
Console with extra controller 199.99

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

For all we know they decided they were only willing to price a certain number of bundles at $199 and no matter how high the demand was they'd stick to it. 

I mean, they decided to also bundle a game that released just 2 months ago. Technically, they're probably taking a loss on this one hoping PS + subscriptions will balance things out.

I'm sure they would try to sell all their stock if they could during this week, but they wouldn't win much by doing so in the immediate moment.

Yeah, If I recall there were informations that Sony last year with that PS4 for $200 for Black Friday was taking loss with each sold unit, but they easily make up that with games sells and PS+. But it's very obvious why Sony have limited stocks of such a deals.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

For all we know they decided they were only willing to price a certain number of bundles at $199 and no matter how high the demand was they'd stick to it. 

I mean, they decided to also bundle a game that released just 2 months ago. Technically, they're probably taking a loss on this one hoping PS + subscriptions will balance things out.

I'm sure they would try to sell all their stock if they could during this week, but they wouldn't win much by doing so in the immediate moment.

I'm sure last year they were taking a loss but I think this year maybe not. It's 12 months later so costs have probably dropped. 

Kerotan said:
Mar1217 said:

I'm sure last year they were taking a loss but I think this year maybe not. It's 12 months later so costs have probably dropped. 

They're definitely taking a loss, but that's their business model and has been since the PS1. 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Kerotan said:

They're definitely taking a loss, but that's their business model and has been since the PS1. 

Any proof they're definitely talking a loss? I'm sorry but their model this gen has been to generally not sell a loss. They've been offering it for $299 all year. That's probably $100 profit per console. It's years over due a price cut at this stage but Sony kept the price high because demand from consumers was so high. 

Kerotan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Any proof they're definitely talking a loss? I'm sorry but their model this gen has been to generally not sell a loss. They've been offering it for $299 all year. That's probably $100 profit per console. It's years over due a price cut at this stage but Sony kept the price high because demand from consumers was so high. 

I'm not saying they take a loss all the time, but they're not afraid to take losses in the form of promotions especially during holiday seasons. And common sense would tell you if they were taking loss for a standalone model at $199 just a year ago, they're taking one as well at the same price bundled with a $60 game. 

Switch hit #1 but alas out of stock now lol