By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

If Nintendo has a PR after first weekend (for sure) it will most likely be sold and not shipped. We'll get shipped numbers in the quarterly report.

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
If Nintendo has a PR after first weekend (for sure) it will most likely be sold and not shipped. We'll get shipped numbers in the quarterly report.

If it ships+digital 10mil in its first week you better believe Nintendo will have a PR on that like sun/moon

tbone51 said:
Mbolibombo said:

If it ships+digital 10mil in its first week you better believe Nintendo will have a PR on that like sun/moon

Pretty sure that number was a report from Famitsu not a Nintendo PR. Nintendo when issuing a PR so after a release it's pretty much how much a game Sold. But if you could find that Nintendo PR regarding 10M shipped, I would gladly be proven wrong =)

Recently you could look at both Mario Odyssey and Pokemon LG which both had PRs with sell through.

Mbolibombo said:
tbone51 said:

Pretty sure that number was a report from Famitsu not a Nintendo PR. Nintendo when issuing a PR so after a release it's pretty much how much a game Sold. But if you could find that Nintendo PR regarding 10M shipped, I would gladly be proven wrong =)

Recently you could look at both Mario Odyssey and Pokemon LG which both had PRs with sell through.

https://gematsu.com/2016/11/pokemon-sun-moon-worldwide-initial-shipments-top-10-million

tbone51 said:
Mbolibombo said:

https://gematsu.com/2016/11/pokemon-sun-moon-worldwide-initial-shipments-top-10-million

Cool, but that's the report I was refering to just reported by Dengeki instead of Famitsu. No PR from Nintendo post launch.

When they do those, it's going to be sold, not shipped. 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Now, it ain't without much surprise that we can see the big holiday titles (Smash, COD, Spiderman, Red Dead, Mario Party and Pokémon) monopolizing the top spots !

Yep, and we're seeing the PS Store cards creeping slowly towards the top again like a forest reclaiming the land.

Switch climbs to #2 once again.
NSMBU is coming aswell.
My goddd the Switch will be over 1 million WW every week of december this year too.

KH3 deluxe is at 78. KH3 is at 92.

KH3 deluxe (xbox) is at 626. KH3 (xbox) is at 589.

Switch is doing super well on Amazon. I wish we could fast forward to the end of January to officially find out what numbers it did. It will be very interesting.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won