By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Mbolibombo said:
CalmFire said:

Even with the limited stock last year, that was enough to give PS4 its best November this gen.  It won't even really need to be that much higher to bring about similar or better results.

What I'm saying is, I see both Switch and Xbox look towards a similar November as PS4 had last year, thus I feel improved stock to reach a higher number for PS4 is needed to make sure they win the month. I have no doubts that PS4 is going to post similar numbers or better to last year with this bundle.

Why would xbox do so much better then last year? It's had a terrible 12 months since compared to ps4. Not like it had games like GOW, Detroit, or Spiderman release. It's also got no psvr which is getting some hype with games like astro bot, firewall zero and the price cut. It was also as cheap last year. 

I know switch hadn't a great year of software either but it's about to make up for that with Pokémon and smash. 

Anyway on psvr i think we are seeing 199 bundle as the sweet spot. 

Around the Network

Nintendo Switch crawling in the Top 10.

Mar1217 said:
CalmFire said:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/15121657/

Welp.

Even more welp.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/october-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-november-13th.78860/page-20#post-15123516

https://www.resetera.com/threads/october-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-november-13th.78860/page-21#post-15124878

PS4 and Switch not playing around this holiday.

What about xbox though? Will they be up or down on November NPD 2017?

Kerotan said:

I'm thinking down.

They have no new hardware unlike last year.

They have no major exclusive of a beloved and Iconic brand like Pokemon or Spider-Man.

Plus all major third party games, they got the marketing deal for like Tomb Raider, Battlefield 5, and Fallout 76 all seem to be under performing. While Sony has Black Ops 4 and the juggernaut itself, Red Dead Redemption 2 as marketing deals with the latter being bundle with PS4 Pros. 

Around the Network
animegaming said:
Kerotan said:

I'm thinking down.

They have no major exclusive of a beloved and Iconic brand like Pokemon or Spider-Man.

Plus all major third party games, they got the marketing deal for like Tomb Raider, Battlefield 5, and Fallout 76 all seem to be under performing. While Sony has Black Ops 4 and the juggernaut itself, Red Dead Redemption 2 as marketing deals with the latter being bundle with PS4 Pros. 

Yeah Jesus they really backed the wrong 3rd parties this year. What did they do last year? 

Kerotan said:
animegaming said:

I'm thinking down.

Yeah Jesus they really backed the wrong 3rd parties this year. What did they do last year? 

They had the X release, they lowered the price of the S to 190, and they had the marketing for games like Assassin's Creed Origins and pushed PUBG as their big holiday console exclusive.  

animegaming said:
Kerotan said:

They had the X release, they lowered the price of the S to 190, and they had the marketing for games like Assassin's Creed Origins and pushed PUBG as their big holiday console exclusive.  

And how many did they sell last year ? 

Kerotan said:
animegaming said:

And how many did they sell last year ? 

We don't have the numbers of units each sold last November, but we don't know that the PS4 sold more units and the Xbox One brought in more revenue. 

https://www.dualshockers.com/npd-ps4-wins-november/

animegaming said:
Kerotan said:

I'm thinking down.

Xbox got stuck with the worst marketing deals this year. Not that they ever really get them ahead anyway.