By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - And the final revealed fighters pre-release in Smash Ultimate are...

To be honest, pretty much none of the the announcements for new characters in this Smash have been as exciting as 4. Don't really care about Ridley because he was more of a meme (both in the "lol" sense and the literal sense of the word) than something I actually cared about. I kind of get a sense that people were arguing over Ridley for so long that they ended up caring more about the idea of if he could even be added then him even being in the game. King K. Rool ... meh ... never played the original DKC games. Isabelle is just ... lol. I mean, why are so many of the announcements echo fighters anyways? Seems kind of odd ... Chrom, Ken, Dark Samus, Isabelle ....

Am I disappointed? Not in the slightest. While I would have loved having a ton of new characters, there were a few things I wished for in Smash Ultimate. As far back as March, I was having heated debates about why Smash should no longer need to cut characters. It got to the point where my stance just changed to "all characters should come back". I stuck to that, and what do you know - all characters ended up coming back. I'm a regular fortune teller. But no, in all seriousness, that was something I had been wanting since shortly after the reveal and we got it. Plus - Dark Samus was actually one of the main 5 characters I wanted (Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Skull Kid, Banjo Kazooie, Dark Samus).

By the way, funny how there's so many Playstation characters in Smash (yeah yeah Street Fighter started on Nintendo but SFV is exclusive!)

As for the Piranha Plant, not even lying when I say it's probably the best new addition ... both incredibly funny and unique, but also something I wasn't expecting and loved the moment I saw it. 

Around the Network

Piranha Plant really annoys me, that it of all things got in despite the limited amount of newcomer slots. Even Waluigi woulda made more sense as he'd at least be a fan favorite pick. Don't recall anyone ever asking for Piranha Plant, maybe Petey, but definitely not a generic one of a thousand lookalikes. Ahwells...

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Piranha Plant really annoys me, that it of all things got in despite the limited amount of newcomer slots. Even Waluigi woulda made more sense as he'd at least be a fan favorite pick. Don't recall anyone ever asking for Piranha Plant, maybe Petey, but definitely not a generic one of a thousand lookalikes. Ahwells...

They probably go by how much personality the character has. So Waluigi has a chance. After a few characters with more personality.

1. Piranha Plant

2. Goomba

3. Flagpole

and then BAM! Waluigi is next!

I'm happy that none of them were another Fire Emblem character.

ARamdomGamer said:

Why is it only a problem if Fire Emblem gets another character and not, say, Mario or Pokemon who have even more characters already? What did Fire Emblem ever do to you?

Around the Network

I was hoping for Decidueye instead of Incineroar. Not happy with Ken either, yet another character with a very generic (and pretty ugly) design.

Piranha plant on the other hand, is probably my favourite new character in the game. Looks very different from everyone else, and seems fun to play with too.

shikamaru317 said:
I am furious that they chose Inceneroar over Decidueye, Decidueye was my 2nd most wanted addition to the roster.

I agree completely here.

Though if I recall correctly Incineroar is the most popular of the three starters in Japan (when it comes to final evo's), so maybe that's why they chose him. Not to mention that he would be a shoe in due to him being a wrestler.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ARamdomGamer said:

Why is it only a problem if Fire Emblem gets another character and not, say, Mario or Pokemon who have even more characters already? What did Fire Emblem ever do to you?

Because it would be just another sword user instead of the great potential of the many types of weapon users from the series, or worse, another Awakening character.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ARamdomGamer said:

Mario and Pokémon characters don't all look the exact same.

ARamdomGamer said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Because it would be just another sword user instead of the great potential of the many types of weapon users from the series, or worse, another Awakening character.

Fair enough, though do note that's your assumption that it'd be a sword user or from Awakening. Definitely doesn't have to be.

Flilix said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Mario and Pokémon characters don't all look the exact same.

All humans look the exact same confirmed!