By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch 2019 release schedule

MasonADC said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

That's ... not really big for Nintendo, especially in the era of Switch where every notable franchise is getting a significant boost. 

Should have been more specific, I meant a million seller in a short time frame. Something like arms, but not Fire emblem warriors 

Well now that I've clarified that I intended not to guess the release dates of any unannounced titles, it doesn't even really matter anymore, right?

Although what you're describing sounds like a 3M LT kind of game, which I would consider medium to big. It's all semantics anyways. I do expect one of those, but it might be like a port or remaster. Something like Skyward Sword HD, or another Maker game. 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
MasonADC said:

Should have been more specific, I meant a million seller in a short time frame. Something like arms, but not Fire emblem warriors 

Well now that I've clarified that I intended not to guess the release dates of any unannounced titles, it doesn't even really matter anymore, right?

Although what you're describing sounds like a 3M LT kind of game, which I would consider medium to big. It's all semantics anyways. I do expect one of those, but it might be like a port or remaster. Something like Skyward Sword HD, or another Maker game. 

I want both of those so I'll agree 

2019 is shaping up to be a very solid year for Switch with a great lineup. Barring nothing gets delayed of course

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Nogamez said: 
Well there will be lots of games announced throughout 2019 that also release in 2019..... we wont know until last minute unfortunately!!

No more games will be announced; just have to admit we’re getting what we’re getting. Just like no new games were announced for 2018 after October 2017, and the only games released/releasing this year on Switch are Octopath Traveller and Kirby. I personally thought it was a big mistake to release Kirby so early in the year and leave the holiday season with literally no first party games.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 01 November 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Yeah, I think we currently don't have confirmed even half of 2019. Switch lineup,
we will have more 2019. announcements until E3 earliest.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Nogamez said: 
Well there will be lots of games announced throughout 2019 that also release in 2019..... we wont know until last minute unfortunately!!

No more games will be announced; just have to admit we’re getting what we’re getting. Just like no new games were announced for 2018 after October 2017, and the only games released/releasing this year on Switch are Octopath Traveller and Kirby. I personally thought it was a big mistake to release Kirby so early in the year and leave the holiday season with literally no first party games.

But first quarter with Kirby was actually down for the Switch while the second quarter with no first party was up. 2018 line up for Nintendo was very weak if you discount Wii U ports. In 2019 it will be much stronger.