By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch 2019 release schedule

Pokemon Switch Bundle is a day one purchase!

Around the Network

Animal Crossing and Pokemon are obviously huge system sellers. AC 10+ million, Pokemon could be 20 million. Metroid might also hit which will only sell a few million but is a major game in terms of software library quality. NSMBUD could very well sell close to 10 million and is a great thing to keep holiday momentum going unlike last year where Nintendo had basically nothing for several months. And of course a bunch of other smaller first party games and a bunch of third party games we already know about. And of course PokeLetsGo and Smash will be dominating the charts the first few months of the year.
2019 looks like a very strong lineup for Nintendo, which is good since 2018 was clearly the slow year between the great 2017 open and what looks like a great 2019.

A bit sad that two of those titles were supposed to be released this year. We can't assume a similar thing wont happen with the 2019 line-up, but if stays as it is and more titles are announced then it'll be a great year for sure! Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing are in my top 5 favorite game series, and then of course I love Yoshi and Luigi's Mansion as well!

What the fuck. I made a thread about the exact same thing and it died super quick. Ugh ... more reason not to put effort into anything on this site.
But anywayyysss ...

I think the release schedule would be something like this (not including third party, and I'm not going to include games that haven't been announced):
January - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
February - Nothing
March - Nothing
April - Yoshi's Crafted World
May - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Late June/Early July - Town (New GameFreak IP which I have no idea why it isn't on that calendar)
August - Animal Crossing
September - Nothing
October - Luigi's Mansion
November - Pokemon Gen 8
December - Nothing

I wouldn't be surprised if Animal Crossing actually came out in July though, that was my original prediction, but now I'm thinking August. Basically, you can swap Town and Animal Crossing, depending on which game is closer to being finished, from my list.

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 31 October 2018

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
What the fuck. I made a thread about the exact same thing and it died super quick. Ugh ... more reason not to put effort into anything on this site.
But anywayyysss ...

I think the release schedule would be something like this (not including third party, and I'm not going to include ports or small games that haven't been announced):
February - Nothing
March - Nothing
Late June/Early July - Town (New GameFreak IP which I have no idea why it isn't on that calendar)
August - Animal Crossing
September - Nothing
November - Pokemon Gen 8
December - Nothing

I wouldn't be surprised if Animal Crossing actually came out in July though, that was my original prediction, but now I'm thinking August. Basically, you can swap Town and Animal Crossing, depending on which game is closer to being finished, from my list.

The chance of there being no more big first party titles to be announced is very slim 

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
But anywayyysss ...

I think the release schedule would be something like this (not including third party, and I'm not going to include ports or small games that haven't been announced):
February - Nothing
March - Nothing
August - Animal Crossing
September - Nothing
November - Pokemon Gen 8
December - Nothing

The chance of there being no more big first party titles to be announced is very slim 

Correction then, I'm just basing the release schedule on announced games *in general*. Also, I don't see how it's slim? Define "big game", I guess that's where we can start.

MasonADC said:

Correction then, I'm just basing the release schedule on announced games *in general*. Also, I don't see how it's slim? Define "big game", I guess that's where we can start.

A million seller

Nintendo showed us in what order it intends to release big games in 2019:

Yoshi -> Fire Emblem -> Luigi's Mansion 3 -> Animal Crossing -> Pokemon RPG

Of course there will be around 5-10 exclusive unnanounced games for Switch in 2019 (including ports, Labo and third party games).

MasonADC said:

A million seller

That's ... not really big for Nintendo, especially in the era of Switch where every notable franchise is getting a significant boost. 

MasonADC said:

A million seller

That's ... not really big for Nintendo, especially in the era of Switch where every notable franchise is getting a significant boost. 

Should have been more specific, I meant a million seller in a short time frame. Something like arms, but not Fire emblem warriors