By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Quarterly Results (July-Sep) 2018, PS4: 3.9M (LTD: 86.1M). Year Ending Sales Revised Upward to 17.5M

DonFerrari said:
As expected they had to up review their sales for PS4, and I believe they can still outsell that.

And their R&D increase with some of their flagship games already being release may point to more investment on PS5 being made.

I think there is no doubt that there is a PS5. the only question is when its going to get released

Around the Network
Noobie said:
DonFerrari said:
As expected they had to up review their sales for PS4, and I believe they can still outsell that.

And their R&D increase with some of their flagship games already being release may point to more investment on PS5 being made.

I think there is no doubt that there is a PS5. the only question is when its going to get released

No doubt that there is PS5, even Sony higher ups already confirmed they will launch another console (and we know they start working on the next console as soon as they release the current console). It's just that they may be INCREASING the R&D so the launch is getting nearer. Like within 24 months.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They need to decrease the price of ps4 to 199$ or 150$.that thing is still expensive after 5 yrs.thats just not right.

PS4 LTD : 86,1M
Damn in less than five years.
PS4 will be above 100M when PS5 will be release.

pxrocks said:
They need to decrease the price of ps4 to 199$ or 150$.that thing is still expensive after 5 yrs.thats just not right.

Apparently they don't need to do it at all since the PS4 is still flying off the shelves faster than Sony projected without any big price decrease.

Around the Network
Keiji said:
PS4 LTD : 86,1M
Damn in less than five years.
PS4 will be above 100M when PS5 will be release.

Most importantly it means that the ps4 will take the PS3 this month. That's impressive. 

pxrocks said:

with the crypto-mining hype going on part prices were increasing in late 2017 till early 2018 and have gone done quite a bit since then - Sony definitely felt some impact from that aswell, so they couldn't drop prices

now they should be in a better position to atleast drop normal price to $249 and have more frequent $199 sales

$150 might not be reachable unless 7nm production gives them another nice reduction in costs

Also PS4 ha sc toppled the 360.

Megiddo said:

Sensing yet another PS4 hardware adjustment on this site. I'm not thinking that there are ~2.75 mil PS4s just sitting on shelves/in transit.

Solid quarterly results. Sony's comments are basically saying, "Wow, we are still selling so much despite no price reductions? Well, guess we won't need to drop the price. Thanks for the money"

First you have to take into consideration that the numbers on the front page are for the 6th October, not the 30th. However, I do agree they'll have to be adjusted up. We're probably around 84.5m - 85m now. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Huge results. Ps4 in a super strong position. PS plus up but that will get a tasty boost over the holiday quarter.

It has passed out the 360 LTD. WOW! Next up PS3 very soon! And 90m milestone gets smashed next quarter.

Sales forecast up and i think they will beat it. I'm looking at 18m+.