By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q2 Report - Switch hardware total 22.86 millions - 50% of Online Users paid for the year

I'd like to highlight how Splatoon is a monster franchise two games in and could cross 10m LT, that's COD level numbers for a shooter on a single platform, I wonder if NS can pull off a top 10 software of 10m sellers I think only the Wii and DS have pulled that off.

Arms against the odds has sold 2.1m more than the majority of fighting games out and everyone's villain 1-2 Switch is heading towards the 3m mark.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

Holy shit. Thanks for this. So ps4 ain't falling behind ps2 anytime soon. It's consistency is insane. Will it be the fastest console ever to hit 100m? I think it will. Gonna post this in the other threads if you don't mind? 

The PS4 vs Ps2 race is all about legs now.  We'll just have to see if it has the staying power.

Also, Switch's line is really, really similar to PS4's just slightly lower.  Wonder if that will continue.

It was all about legs from the start. 

Yeah switch is similar. I expect switch to go ahead of ps4 but not have legs as good over the next 5 years. 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Jumpin said:

I'm not sure if you consider it high or low.

It's high compared to the Switch because the Switch is new, people are still buying games for it. The Wii U is done selling games in any number of significance.
Compared to the Wii (another dead home console), the Wii U has a low software attachment rate (Wii is 1.5 games per unit higher).

How much of Wii's software were "Wii" titles though? Specifically Wii Sports? 

Probably about the same number as games on the Wii U that had U after them on Wii U, or 64 after them on the N64.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

How much of Wii's software were "Wii" titles though? Specifically Wii Sports? 

Probably about the same number as games on the Wii U that had U after them on Wii U, or 64 after them on the N64.

I'm pretty sure you know I'm referring to Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, etc; Not New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii etc; 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Jumpin said:

I'm pretty sure you know I'm referring to Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, etc; Not New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii etc; 

Why does it matter? Do those games not count for arbitrary reasons?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

Holy shit. Thanks for this. So ps4 ain't falling behind ps2 anytime soon. It's consistency is insane. Will it be the fastest console ever to hit 100m? I think it will. Gonna post this in the other threads if you don't mind? 

The PS4 vs Ps2 race is all about legs now.  We'll just have to see if it has the staying power.

Also, Switch's line is really, really similar to PS4's just slightly lower.  Wonder if that will continue.

There is no way that PS4 will have legs like PS2, PS2 was monster when it comes to legs and longevity of sales (it was selling from 2000. to 2012/2013.), also last few years PS2 was selling for $100, hardly that will be case for PS4.

Yeah they are very similar, if you look that part when Switch is ahead of PS4 and than where PS4 is ahead of Switch, we talking about holiday seasons sales, because Switch was launched in March and PS4 in November, so going buy months from launch, they had in different time from launch holiday seasons. So, after this holiday season, Switch will again be above PS4, than next holiday season PS4 will be again above Switch.

This is where the big bucks are earned. 11m gamers paid $20 for that year. 11m x 20 = $220m. Impressive results.

So Nintendo made $220m for locking MP behind a paywall. Its crazy logic but it works.

Nintendo reported that Super Mario Party sold through 1.5m already.

"The good evaluations by consumers have been borne
out by the recent sell-through. Global sell-through has
exceeded 1.5 million units following its release on
October 5. Super Mario Party had an extremely strong
start compared to other installments in the series and
has built up momentum ahead of the holiday season. We
are also seeing an increase in Joy-Con sell-through with
the release of this title."

Wyrdness said:
I'd like to highlight how Splatoon is a monster franchise two games in and could cross 10m LT, that's COD level numbers for a shooter on a single platform, I wonder if NS can pull off a top 10 software of 10m sellers I think only the Wii and DS have pulled that off.

Arms against the odds has sold 2.1m more than the majority of fighting games out and everyone's villain 1-2 Switch is heading towards the 3m mark.

Not bad for Nintendo's 3 new IPs.

I'm personally happy for ARMS, especially for Mario Kart and ARMS Director Kosuke Yabuki. I really like the gameplay, the Party Crashes, and the various modes of playing ARMS. Of course, it would've been nice to have a little more content, but for a first-timer in the fighting game genre, it didn't do too bad. To sell among the ballpark of Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, etc., that's pretty good company.

Splatoon 1 and 2 are two of my favorite shooters that I've ever played. Really happy for the series and I hope it continues to soar to new heights.

I haven't played 1-2 Switch, but I think, for what it is, it's a harmless party game. People are apparently buying it for one reason or another so who are we to tell them otherwise?

Azzanation said:

This is where the big bucks are earned. 11m gamers paid $20 for that year. 11m x 20 = $220m. Impressive results.

So Nintendo made $220m for locking MP behind a paywall. Its crazy logic but it works.

Where did you get that? From my understanding, More than Half of the Online Subscribers have paid the 1 year option. It did not say half of the Switch population. 

Pocky Lover Boy!