By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony ramping up censoring of Japanese games, now forcing all Japanese games to go through Western content inspections

loy310 said:
The world is moving away from the over-sex content, and on their console Sony is prolly getting more grief from folks than its worth.

"citation needed"

In my experience the world is much more open now than it was just a decade ago. Sadly there are certain ideologies that try to strangle free expression that doesn't hurt anyone. There is no such thing as "over-sex". Different content is for different sensibilities but for some reason some people think that everyone should have the same sensibilities and all content should adhere to that one chosen sensibility, which doesn't even make any sense. What happens right now is no different than what religion tried to do for centuries and still does.

It's kinda sad and weird that the people who fight against obscenity and sexualization are doing so under the guise of diversity and inclusion when they're doing the exact opposite..

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said: 
iron_megalith said: 

Ok. Now Sony needs to die. Seems like their Politically Correct movie division infected SCE. They're really getting ahead of themselves again.

I understand the screening western audience because it's a fucking loss cause but for fucks sakes leave the other regions alone. This conformist behavior is killing everything.

Did you know that PlayStation headquarters moved to California recently? Hmm, I wonder what that has to do with this shitfest.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is related to that. California has a lot of nutjobs like Anita Sarkeesian out in the open.

o_O.Q said: 

well fuck sony then
when i played on consoles i generally preferred playstations but thank god i evolved all the way up to pc

if you people care about having sexual content in your games you should start boycotting sony products and send them a message

and seriously fuck sjws and their puppetmasters too, they are the genesis of this nonsense

I'll wait and see how this rolls. If they do something drastic here, I'll just move on and ditch their future products.

shikamaru317 said:

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/11/sony-has-mary-skelter-2s-purification-system-censored-in-chinese-version-causing-major-bugs/71362/#disqus_thread

Well, seems Sony just forced a post-release censoring of a mode from Mark Skelter 2 in China, which broke the game and created many bugs because that mode was an integral part of the game. This shit is getting out of hand now.

Let be very clear about something.  Sexual content isn't a requirement for any game (as most content isn't) but also should not be denied while giving the choice to the consumer.  More specifically from my personal standpoint, I'd rather have entire content removed from the game while running seamlessly from both a technical and aesthetical standpoint in contrast modifying and botching that content left on the game.  Because I missed out on the first Mary Skelter, I was looking forward to the second (which includes an enhance version of the first) with no knowledge of a purification system.  So the purification system was never a selling point, and I can take it or leave it.  But in light of this this recent development, I'm ill pressed to find this on another platform out of principle and now more so out of avoidance of a, so far, broken game.  In regards to content removed from the PS version of Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal, it's a non-issue for me because I don't think it adds much to the game.  But it doesn't hurt to leave it in while giving other consumers the choice to enjoy the content they want.  I'm going to have to eye even closer to what I been doing before to help ensure I purchase not just what I think is the better version but to also support developer efforts and consumer options.

I doubt they're doing this against all Japanese devs. They must be selecting some games among the 18+.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I wonder if this will extend to anything other than niche ecchi games.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

As much as you may like Sony or not, Censorship is never a good thing, the consumer shoukd decide what he plays or doesnt.

0D0 said:
I doubt they're doing this against all Japanese devs. They must be selecting some games among the 18+.

I doubt it. I can now see future games by Yoko Taro to be completely censored. I'm glad Nier Automata was before this shit happened.

iron_megalith said:
0D0 said:

I doubt it. I can now see future games by Yoko Taro to be completely censored. I'm glad Nier Automata was before this shit happened.

Not completely censored, but it's more than likely that 2B will wear large pants in Nier Automata 2 on the PS5 version. And no explosive outfit, of course.

0D0 said:

They're not 18+, because the games are already rated Cero D, and releasing just fine on all other platforms. It's a SIE (based out of Cali) decision. Nothing to due with the rating the game receives.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It's sad to see Sony going soft recently ...