By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Vladimir Putin "US dominance is ending"

Bolton says: "We have invited President Putin to Washington after the first of the year for, basically, a full day of consultations,"

source: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/26/putin-white-house-2019-942355

Also:

Vladimir Putin says US dominance is ending. "Thank God, this situation of a unipolar world, of a monopoly, is coming to an end," Putin said. "It's practically already over."

source: https://abcnews.go.com/International/putin-us-dominance-ending-mistakes-typical-empire/story?id=58611354

This is ultimately Putin's endgame, divide and conquer.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 27 October 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

He is nailing it. The only thing that gives dollar value is the fact it is required for other countries to build dollar reserves to buy oil(petrodollar). But it is ending little by lillte with Russia and Iran, huge oil producers, and China, the biggest oil consummer in the world, seeking to trade using their own currencies instead of having to buy dollars for that.

CuCabeludo said:

He is nailing it. The only thing that gives dollar value is the fact it is required for other countries to build dollar reserves to buy oil(petrodollar). But it is ending little by lillte with Russia and Iran, huge oil producers, and China, the biggest oil consummer in the world, seeking to trade using their own currencies instead of having to buy dollars for that.

I still don't understand why USA and others are not trying to move away from oil as quick as possible as that would sort out a lot of the political world issues for them.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

It's true, but China, rather than Russia, is the one challenging US dominance. The US will lose economic dominance in the coming decades, but it can retain political dominance if it can retain close ties with the EU, Japan/SK, and the UK/AUS/India (the Commonwealth). US dominance will have to change to "Western-aligned powers" dominance. If China is unable to make political inroads with the world's democracies, it may find itself permanently hamstrung, as China has unfavorable geography for being a world hegemon (as it's surrounded by current US allies).

Madword said:
CuCabeludo said:

I still don't understand why USA and others are not trying to move away from oil as quick as possible as that would sort out a lot of the political world issues for them.

The world won't move out of fossil fuels anytime soon, no other form of energy source right now provides a better cost benefit when it comes to price per unit of energy produced.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 27 October 2018

Around the Network

He would certainly know how a country waning in dominance and importance looks.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

He's not wrong.

vivster said:

It`s US that is weaponizing the dollar against countries they don`t like. They have advantage right now since most of international trade is done in dollars through the Swift network, but other countries are agoing against this harassement and building payment systems for international trade that is independent from the Swift-Dollar.

vivster said:

I spent a month travelling through Russia this summer. They are much better off then you think. Living expenses are so cheap you don't need to earn much to live. The people are cool. The country is beautiful. Very safe part of the world. 

The USA has no divine right to world dominance so I'm glad it's waning. Now if only the Europeans United. Russia and the rest of Europe would be the ultimate world power. 

CuCabeludo said:
Madword said:

The world won't move out of fossil fuels anytime soon, no other form of energy source right now provides a better cost benefit when it comes to price per unit of energy produced.

Oh I agree, but investing in it greatly reduces risk and issues that go along with it... I think in 5 years time after good investment could make a massive difference.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!