By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pipe Bombs Sent to Prominant US Political Figures

estebxx said:
o_O.Q said:

"When you run a platform on conspiracy and lies, you empower the fringe extremists."

huh? you mean like these guys who took over the streets of portland 2 weeks ago?

I could only watch 34 seconds before i wanted to beat them up, god i fucking HATE Antifa.

That fat lady telling the guy in the car that he is blocking traffic... the mother of hipocrisy and irony right there.

OP: I hope they find out who did it.

different leftists groups including antifa have been doing this shit continuously and oddly enough it gets completely overlooked by the media and people who would just like to pretend this is exclusively an issue on the "right"

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Kalkano said:

1) Muslims are not a race.  It is a religion.  But, yes, when he said that before being elected, I was against it.  A simple litmus test of "what if it was Christians" worked there.  However, there was actual logic behind his reasoning.  Muslims are our terrorism problem in the world right now.  Obviously, not ALL Muslims are terrorists, but you get the point.

This. Muslims are not a race.
With that in mind... The attack on Muslims/Islam is no different than the attack on Jews/Judaism. It's antisemitism... And we have already had a world war over that.

And you are correct, not all Muslims are terrorists... And not all terrorists are Muslim.
You have Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, left wing, right wing terrorists all around the world, it's not exclusive to any particular position.

The sooner we can see that... The better.

jason1637 said:
My thoughts and prayers are with them.

As an Atheist... I have to ask... Because I see this kind of rhetoric with Americans all the time.
But how is praying going to help?

bubblegamer said:
The right wing and their practices.

Don't jump to conclusions before we have all the information/pieces of the puzzle.

In response to "how is praying going to help":

Obviously, if there was no God, it wouldn't.  Obviously, if we didn't believe there was a God, we wouldn't bother praying.  But, obviously, we do.  That being said, there is still the chance that he won't intervene in any way (which I personally believe is that case much of the time).  But, I have been generally praying for sanity and civility to come back to the world at large.  The #1 thing that will stand in the way of that, is that God will never interfere with someone's free will.  If someone decides to do crazy things like send bombs in the mail, then they'll do that.

Making the assumption that this was a legitimate attempt to kill people, some may say that prayer caused none of them to go off.  Whether you believe that or not may just come down to whether or not you believe in God in the first place.  Even if you do, you can then ask, "why did he stop this, but not something like 9/11".  And, I think it's a fools errand to try figure things like that out.  I believe that we are all a part of God's story, and his will be done, and there is no way to try to "think like God".

Bottom line: we pray, and I believe that God sometimes listens, depending on all possible repercussions (he sees all outcomes of everything).  And, even tragedies have a lot of good come out of them.

Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos

Hiku said:

Hopefully they find whoever did this. If they get away with it, it may encourage more people to do this.

o_O.Q said: 

"When you run a platform on conspiracy and lies, you empower the fringe extremists."

huh? you mean like these guys who took over the streets of portland 2 weeks ago?

These guys do not "hold a top spot in power."
Meanwhile there is a president who has incited/encouraged political violence multiple times.

Trump: 

“I’d like to punch him in the face” 2/23/16

“Maybe he should have been roughed up” 11/22/15

“Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees” 2/2016

“I’ll beat the crap out of you” 3/12/16

And a president saying that certain news media is "the enemy of the people" when he knows full well that fanatic nutjobs such as the one in this story or in Alex Jones's pizza gate etc, will put their life in danger.

"These guys do not "hold a top spot in power.""

oh ok so if a homeless person beats and rapes a woman that's ok right? since he doesn't "hold a top spot in power."?

are you fucking serious?

i'm seriously getting tired of this fucking retarded rhetoric coming out of academia

Hiku said:
o_O.Q said:

oh ok so if a homeless person beats and rapes a woman that's ok right? since he doesn't "hold a top spot in power."?

are you fucking serious?

i'm seriously getting tired of this fucking retarded rhetoric coming out of academia

I'm kind of amazed here, and don't know where to start.
You're asking me if I'm "fucking serious" when you replied directly to someone that said said "The other side doesn't hold the top spot in power at current", by referencing Antifa, who are not in power?
I repeated that comment, in quotation, because it somehow escaped you that he was saying that what influential leaders/people in power say have massive consequences.

And given your amazingly accurate analogy, you still don't get it.
A homeless person telling people "Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees” or "they're the enemy of the people", is probably not going to inspire nearly as many people to do so as the president of the United States.

Though it's nice to see that the "But what about Antifa?" defense is as popular as ever.

People would stop referring to them as our enemy, if they'd stop BEING our enemy.  Stop acting like he said something "outlandish", when it's plain as day that all they do is lie, cheat, and steal, in coordination with Democrats everywhere.

Hiku said:
o_O.Q said:

are you fucking serious?

I'm kind of amazed here, and don't know where to start.
You're asking me if I'm "fucking serious" when you replied directly to someone that said said "The other side doesn't hold the top spot in power at current", by referencing Antifa, who are not in power?
I repeated that comment, in quotation, because it somehow escaped you that he was saying that what influential leaders/people in power say have massive consequences.

And given your amazingly accurate analogy, you still don't get it.
A homeless person telling people "Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees” or "they're the enemy of the people", is probably not going to inspire nearly as many people to act out in violence as the president of the United States.

"I repeated that comment, in quotation, because it somehow escaped you that he was saying that what influential leaders/people in power say have massive consequences."

he was speaking about trump's influence on right wingers

my point is that its a stupid argument because the left has been more violent and disruptive for the past few years

and this argument

"You're asking me if I'm "fucking serious" when you replied directly to someone that said said "The other side doesn't hold the top spot in power at current""

pushing the idea that people need to be in power to have an influence or for their actions to matter is ridiculous

who then is influencing the leftists like antifa? who is influencing these people to attack people, block roads etc etc etc?

"you still don't get it."

i understood both your arguments from the very beginning, that's why i was pointing out how stupid they were

"is probably not going to inspire nearly as many people to act out in violence as the president of the United States."

and yet there is antifa... who then is giving these morons their marching orders?

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Kalkano said:

People would stop referring to them as our enemy, if they'd stop BEING our enemy.  Stop acting like he said something "outlandish", when it's plain as day that all they do is lie, cheat, and steal, in coordination with Democrats everywhere.

Since Trump said that, there have already been multiple lethal shootings/threats of shootings at news media. Some of whom cited Trump's "enemy of the people" comment.
https://www.newsweek.com/boston-globe-threats-fbi-press-enemy-state-media-opposition-party-editorial-1097347

This should come as a surprise to no one.

That's literally the first I've heard of it, and sorry, but I'm not clicking on Newsweek.  If people in media had literally been shot at, it would not be such unknown news.

Hiku said:
Kalkano said:

Since Trump said that, there have already been multiple lethal shootings/threats of shootings at news media. Some of whom cited Trump's "enemy of the people" comment.
https://www.newsweek.com/boston-globe-threats-fbi-press-enemy-state-media-opposition-party-editorial-1097347

This should come as a surprise to no one.

"Since Trump said that, there have already been multiple lethal shootings/threats of shootings at news media."

citation please 

not with regards to threats those have been a thing for decades especially with the news media lying to push wars in other regions

This is what happens when you have a president that calls for his base to see people they disagree with as enemies of seeking to destroy the nation as opposed to people that simply don't like their political beliefs.

Holy shit guys really? This thread should be closed, this is not how you respond to what could have been a huge domestic terrorist event.

collint0101 said:

This is what happens when you have a president that calls for his base to see people they disagree with as enemies of seeking to destroy the nation as opposed to people that simply don't like their political beliefs.

huh?

"The right wing and their practices."

"I say chances are there's a MAGA hat in this person's house. Of course the right will dismiss it as a false flag because they're pretty much trained to at this point."

these comments came from this thread, they are the kinds of comments i've been seeing leftists making since trump went in office...

are you in the twilight zone or something man?