By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA stock is down by nearly $50 (33%) since late July

Medisti said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
And will anything of consequence happen? No. This is too early of a celebration.

Stock and investors are the only thing EA cares about, so this could make them change some policies.

That's true ... pardon my skepticism. Hopefully something good comes out of this, some kind of positive change. To be honest, I'd rather see a constructive re-making of themselves than a complete wipeout from the face of the earth. 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Medisti said:

Stock and investors are the only thing EA cares about, so this could make them change some policies.

That's true ... pardon my skepticism. Hopefully something good comes out of this, some kind of positive change. To be honest, I'd rather see a constructive re-making of themselves than a complete wipeout from the face of the earth. 

I'd be happy with either, lol

I remember reading alot of talent are leaveing EA too.... Id say time to start worrying if your a stock holder tbh.

Plus all this Loot Crates = gambling stuff that could effect them heavily.
I dont know, just not super optimistic when it comes to EA I guess.

Their balance sheet is superb, and has steadily improved year by year for the past 5 years. Would be interested if they paid a healthy dividend, but they don't. Oh well. I'm not a big fan of their games anyway.

4 ≈ One

CaptainExplosion said:
pokoko said:
Yeah, and it will eventually go up again. Sorry to rain on the pettiness parade.

Well we'll try even harder to drop it then.

I'd rather people would focus on all the other AAA publishers who are doing the exact same thing as EA but still get a free pass because everyone is focusing on EA for some reason.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

EA deserves to fail for putting their emphasis on diversity and SJW bullshit.

CaptainExplosion said:
vivster said:

I'd rather people would focus on all the other AAA publishers who are doing the exact same thing as EA but still get a free pass because everyone is focusing on EA for some reason.

Because EA's dickishness is much more obvious.

Snoopy said:

EA deserves to fail for putting their emphasis on diversity and SJW bullshit.

Oh, sure, those are GREAT reasons to want a company to fail. Are you also mad that Nintendo has more black female main characters since 2017?

Not just talking about video game characters, although the BF 5 female protagonist looks dumb as fuck and a lot of people agree with that. I guess you want more games to end up like Mass Effect Andromeda. Instead of hiring based on skill, let's just hire based on skin color or sexual preferences. Also, fuck white people, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vOebv2_hH8

CaptainExplosion said:
Snoopy said:

Not just talking about video game characters, although the BF 5 female protagonist looks dumb as fuck and a lot of people agree with that. I guess you want more games to end up like Mass Effect Andromeda. Instead of hiring based on skill, let's just hire based on skin color or sexual preferences. Also, fuck white people, right?

How cute, you think white people are being oppressed.

Oh, that's right, whites can't be subjected to racism. Carry on.

Acevil said:
I think more telling will be the success of Anthem.

Their presentation of Anthem at E3 was atrociously bad. People want Bioware games to have a story. They showed zero emphasis on the story, just random jetpacking arround and shooting so big numbers kept popping up. They couldn't have flubbed it any worse if they tried. There was basically zero hype coming from Anthem, and that's basically the big new IP that EA should have spent all their resources into hyping up. They don't understand their customer base at all.

irstupid said:
VAMatt said:
It's important to note that close to half of that is just a general downward move in the stock market over the last few months.

What are you talking about.

In the last 6 months, the stock market has risen like 5%.

It did drop some times in the beginning of the year, but for the whole year it is up like 2%

Besides the big drop like a week ago, which it has somewhat recovered from, it has been on a steady incline since July. Compare that to EA's July to present graph.

Actually, you're correct. The stock market has dropped a whole bunch in the last couple of weeks. But, it is roughly even with where it was in June.