By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 29th September 2018

I'm running out of words to describe playstations domination. Outselling xbox by well over 3 to 1. Hot damn.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

I'm running out of words to describe playstations domination. Outselling xbox by well over 3 to 1. Hot damn.

The gap is.... nope not closeing any.

Whats crazy is how big a boost spiderman gave the september NPD, even with shortages of PS4pro's.
Hopefully that means some of that hardware push carried over to october.

bluemlittlem said:

Playstation is Dominating Europe and doing Incredibly in North America, Nintendo is Dominating Japan, Xbox is just waiting for their next console like Nintendo was up until 2017.
Quick Note: Where are the Software Sales? The Software Sales have been Nowhere to be found in the last Two weeks and we should be up at Sept 8/15th by now. What is going on with that right now?

I read somewhere that there was some kind of error with the data gathering. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I appreciate all the work that Machina does.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

OMG PS4 is on steroids :) Dominating in Europe and doing great in NA as well. Japan is left to Switch.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Barkley said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
What launched on PS4? Or is this just holidays comin?

They undertracked the boost from spiderman and now the NPD is out and shown this, they're making up for it.

I'm guessing the last couple of weeks should have looked pretty similar to this one: Switch up a bit, XB1 down a bit, PS4 up a ton.

Around the Network

When are Sonys next quarterly results? Is it in 2 weeks?

Kerotan said:

It's pretty impressive, short of Japan PS4 has some good dominance. I think things will start to look up in Japan once Ace Combat 7, RE 2 Remake and KH3 are all out and the base PS4 get a price drop worldwide. It's hard to judge when PS5 comes especially when PS4 continues to have success. The longer they hold out though the better chances of launch games being available and polished. I'm talking Bloodborne 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, New Bluepoint Remake/Remaster, Dreams most likely, Wild, The Last of Us 2, Second Naughty Dog/secondary studio secret project, Ghost of Tushima, God of War new title and Death Stranding. Just to name those 10 potential games to lay the foundation of late 2019 to 2022.

Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
What launched on PS4? Or is this just holidays comin?

That, my good sir, is FIFA week! It's practically a European holiday too

LOL.  Yes Fifa is the only other game (besides GTA5 of course) that is an industry within itself.  

ps4 is doing amazing, first spiderman and now fifa

And Ps4/pro is selling for $299/399 in its 5th year.

AMAZING!!!!