By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RDR2 Reviews! Metacritic - 97(PS4)/97(XBO) / Opencritic - 97

What's your score prediction?

96 above 47 47.47%

91-95 43 43.43%

86-90 6 6.06%

81-85 0 0%

80 below 3 3.03%

Total:99
OTBWY said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

It wasn't I who started to compare those few decimals (in Gamerankings BotW has 97,4 and RDR2 97,1). I just wanted to reply to him with the same logic: in Metacritic RDR2 is few decimals higher than BotW, plus there are almost 40 reviews more in Metacritic compared to Gamerankings.

I don't know what's the point to take user scores into account when the aim is to reach high objectivity. Many of those reviews are from fans who give the games either 10 or 0.

Ehm. You started by replying to me with this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8912996

You literally started with that, while I never mentioned decimals in my original comment lmao. You started playing this game dude.

Well, I wasn't sure whether you meant the score or the ranking since the exact score is visible in Gamerankings.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Around the Network
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Shiken said:

Well MC they are both at a 97.  If you want to figure it all the way down to the decimal, lets actually figure in ALL reviews and include the 8.5 user rating for BotW and the 7.7 for the PS4 version of Red Dead 2.

BTW, if you need to go all the way down to the decimal when both are a 97 anyway, it just makes you look like you have something against BotW or Nintendo in this case, which does not help your argument.  This does however, work both ways of course.

It wasn't I who started to compare those few decimals (in Gamerankings BotW has 97,4 and RDR2 97,1). I just wanted to reply to him with the same logic: in Metacritic RDR2 is few decimals higher than BotW, plus there are almost 40 reviews more in Metacritic compared to Gamerankings.

I don't know what's the point to take user scores into account when the aim is to reach high objectivity. Many of those reviews are from fans who give the games either 10 or 0.

I was simply responding to your reply to when I was talking about how both games are so good, everything is subjective and boils down to personal taste.

And yes, I know user reviews are stupid...equally as stupid as arguing over decimals...which is exactly my point.

Anyway this entire topic has blown up into something stupid.  We should be celebrating these games, not arguing over whos personal opinion is more factual than another person's.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

OTBWY said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

Good that we got that cleared.

And I can perfectly accept that Ocarina of Time is objectively the best game ever made. But like I said, it's not as relevant to compare games from different eras.

But it seemed that you couldn't even accept the fact that RDR2 is rated higher than BotW.

I think we are done.

So you accept that RDR2 is rated higher than BotW?

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Can't we all just agree that BotW and RDR2 are far and away the best games of the generation and we're very lucky to have both of them? 95% of the people in this thread haven't even played and/or beaten both games.

Why does RDR2 have fewer reviews anyway, Zelda has way more.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
OTBWY said:

No they aren't. Cause if we are being objective, you would have to deny that the Xbox One version is the superior version. Yet, it's below RDR2 for PS4. So that in itself makes it nonsense, since the Xbox One version is clearly without question the best version. Also in this exact same convo, when we take the MC decimals, you would have to accept that Super Mario Galaxy is objectively a superior game. Do you see how stupid it is going to get?

This right here is nothing but opinion. Subjective. All of it.

Most people on ps4 are playing a superior version to the xbox platform. 

RDR2 XBX > PS4 Pro > PS4 > Xbox One

The reviews cover all platforms so if they should consider some xbox players get the best version, they should also consider most of them get the worst version. 

Y'all put WAY too much stock in framerate and graphical fidelity. Outside of twitch shooters and Mobas, framerate is not important and while it's true the game can look stunning in 4K when compared to HD, it doesn't make the game better, it just looks prettier. 

Which is why I simply use whatever version of the game has the MOST reviews whether it's higher or lower as the primary source. I don't consider the Ps4 version better than the Xbox version or the Xbox 1X version better than the Ps4 PRo version. They're all the same thing with marginally varied graphics output. The game gets the same score regardless. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

S.Peelman said:
Why does RDR2 have fewer reviews anyway, Zelda has way more.

I'm trying to figure that one out, too. 

GTAV had:
34 Reviews on PS3
41 Reviews on PS4
39 Reviews on 360
12 Reviews on XB0
30 reviews on PC

(On GameRankings, to be clear)

Breath of the Wild had 63 reviews on Switch
God of War had 63 reviews as well on PS4
Mario Odyssey had 58 Reviews on Switch

so no idea why recent Rockstar games tend to have fewer counted reviews. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Kerotan said:

Most people on ps4 are playing a superior version to the xbox platform. 

RDR2 XBX > PS4 Pro > PS4 > Xbox One

The reviews cover all platforms so if they should consider some xbox players get the best version, they should also consider most of them get the worst version. 

Y'all put WAY too much stock in framerate and graphical fidelity. Outside of twitch shooters and Mobas, framerate is not important and while it's true the game can look stunning in 4K when compared to HD, it doesn't make the game better, it just looks prettier. 

Which is why I simply use whatever version of the game has the MOST reviews whether it's higher or lower as the primary source. I don't consider the Ps4 version better than the Xbox version or the Xbox 1X version better than the Ps4 PRo version. They're all the same thing with marginally varied graphics output. The game gets the same score regardless. 

Oh yeah I agree. The average consumer won't tell the difference between the xbox x and pro version. 

Kerotan said:
Runa216 said:

Oh yeah I agree. The average consumer won't tell the difference between the xbox x and pro version. 

There's a far greater gap in resolution between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X than there is between the base PS4 and base Xbox One. 

You can down play it all you want but it's a vastly superior experience in both resolution AND frame rate on the X1X.

I'm new here but you seem to be in EVERY thread down playing Xbox and praising Sony... It's kind of strange how attached you are to the PlayStation brand and the lengths you go to defend it.

MichaelDeSanta said:
Kerotan said:

There's a far greater gap in resolution between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X than there is between the base PS4 and base Xbox One. 

You can down play it all you want but it's a vastly superior experience in both resolution AND frame rate on the X1X.

I'm new here but you seem to be in EVERY thread down playing Xbox and praising Sony... It's kind of strange how attached you are to the PlayStation brand and the lengths you go to defend it.

Vastly superior? Yet the average consumer won't tell the difference.