By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RDR2 Reviews! Metacritic - 97(PS4)/97(XBO) / Opencritic - 97

What's your score prediction?

96 above 47 47.47%

91-95 43 43.43%

86-90 6 6.06%

81-85 0 0%

80 below 3 3.03%

Total:99
Shiken said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

And if you enjoy open world action-adventure games, RDR2 is the better game.

And that's strictly based on numbers, which are objective.

The entire topic is objective.  RDR2 is not better than BotW, nor is BotW better than RDR2.  This is undeniable fact.

As far as numbers go, both games have a 97 on metacritic.  Red Dead 2 might be selling more, but the game is on both the X1 and the PS4.  In fact the number of PS4s in the wild alone eclipse the combined number of WiiU and Switch.  With that in mind, one could argue that sales numbers for BotW are more impressive than that of Red Dead 2.

However the fact of the matter is that both are arguably equal in quality and therefore subject to personal preference in gameplay style and setting being the only deciding factor.

Well this debate started when someone mentioned that in Gamerankings BotW is rated slightly higher than RDR2, but when you count all the reviews RDR2 is rated slightly higher (like in Metacritic for example). I just found it a bit annoying when so small difference was brought up and wanted to counter it.

I didn't mean sales numbers and who knows where they will land.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Around the Network
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Shiken said:

The entire topic is objective.  RDR2 is not better than BotW, nor is BotW better than RDR2.  This is undeniable fact.

As far as numbers go, both games have a 97 on metacritic.  Red Dead 2 might be selling more, but the game is on both the X1 and the PS4.  In fact the number of PS4s in the wild alone eclipse the combined number of WiiU and Switch.  With that in mind, one could argue that sales numbers for BotW are more impressive than that of Red Dead 2.

However the fact of the matter is that both are arguably equal in quality and therefore subject to personal preference in gameplay style and setting being the only deciding factor.

Well this debate started when someone mentioned that in Gamerankings BotW is rated slightly higher than RDR2, but when you count all the reviews RDR2 is rated slightly higher (like in Metacritic for example). I just found it a bit annoying when so small difference was brought up and wanted to counter it.

Well MC they are both at a 97.  If you want to figure it all the way down to the decimal, lets actually figure in ALL reviews and include the 8.5 user rating for BotW and the 7.7 for the PS4 version of Red Dead 2.

BTW, if you need to go all the way down to the decimal when both are a 97 anyway, it just makes you look like you have something against BotW or Nintendo in this case, which does not help your argument.  This does however, work both ways of course.

Last edited by Shiken - on 06 November 2018

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
OTBWY said:

It's all opinion based, my dude.. dear lord.

Of course, but those numbers are the closest thing to objectivity in this case.

No they aren't. Cause if we are being objective, you would have to deny that the Xbox One version is the superior version. Yet, it's below RDR2 for PS4. So that in itself makes it nonsense, since the Xbox One version is clearly without question the best version. Also in this exact same convo, when we take the MC decimals, you would have to accept that Super Mario Galaxy is objectively a superior game. Do you see how stupid it is going to get?

This right here is nothing but opinion. Subjective. All of it.

OTBWY said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

No they aren't. Cause if we are being objective, you would have to deny that the Xbox One version is the superior version. Yet, it's below RDR2 for PS4. So that in itself makes it nonsense, since the Xbox One version is clearly without question the best version. Also in this exact same convo, when we take the MC decimals, you would have to accept that Super Mario Galaxy is objectively a superior game. Do you see how stupid it is going to get?

Well, it was you who brought up the fact that BotW has few decimals higher score than RDR2 in Gamerankings. Why did you do it if you think it's meaningless?

I can accept the fact that Super Mario Galaxy is rated higher than RDR2 in Metacritic, and thus is objectively a superior game. Atleast it's more objective than individual opinions. Although, those games have been released several years apart, so it's not as relevant to compare games that are from different eras.

- Single-player Game

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
OTBWY said:

Well, it was you who brought up the fact that BotW has few decimals higher score than RDR2 in Gamerankings. Why did you do it if you think it's meaningless?

I can accept the fact that Super Mario Galaxy is rated higher than RDR2 in Metacritic, and thus is objectively a superior game. Atleast it's more objective than individual opinions. Although, those games have been released several years apart, so it's not as relevant to compare games that are from different eras.

This is a complete misunderstanding. I don't care about the decimals (I didn't even use numbers), I care about the ranking, which is in line with my own opinion. I used it as a frame of reference. Is this a hard concept? Is this why we are 5 pages ahead?

Anyway, about the last part of your comment. If you go down that road, it means that you accept that "objectively" Ocarina of Time is the best game ever made.

Around the Network
Shiken said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

Well MC they are both at a 97.  If you want to figure it all the way down to the decimal, lets actually figure in ALL reviews and include the 8.5 user rating for BotW and the 7.7 for the PS4 version of Red Dead 2.

BTW, if you need to go all the way down to the decimal when both are a 97 anyway, it just makes you look like you have something against BotW or Nintendo in this case, which does not help your argument.  This does however, work both ways of course.

It wasn't I who started to compare those few decimals (in Gamerankings BotW has 97,4 and RDR2 97,1). I just wanted to reply to him with the same logic: in Metacritic RDR2 is few decimals higher than BotW, plus there are almost 40 reviews more in Metacritic compared to Gamerankings.

I don't know what's the point to take user scores into account when the aim is to reach high objectivity. Many of those reviews are from fans who give the games either 10 or 0.

- Single-player Game

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Shiken said:

It wasn't I who started to compare those few decimals (in Gamerankings BotW has 97,4 and RDR2 97,1). I just wanted to reply to him with the same logic: in Metacritic RDR2 is few decimals higher than BotW, plus there are almost 40 reviews more in Metacritic compared to Gamerankings.

I don't know what's the point to take user scores into account when the aim is to reach high objectivity. Many of those reviews are from fans who give the games either 10 or 0.

Ehm. You started by replying to me with this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8912996

You literally started with that, while I never mentioned decimals in my original comment lmao. You started playing this game dude.

OTBWY said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

This is a complete misunderstanding. I don't care about the decimals (I didn't even use numbers), I care about the ranking, which is in line with my own opinion. I used it as a frame of reference. Is this a hard concept? Is this why we are 5 pages ahead?

Anyway, about the last part of your comment. If you go down that road, it means that you accept that "objectively" Ocarina of Time is the best game ever made.

Good that we got that cleared.

And I can perfectly accept that Ocarina of Time is objectively the best game ever made. But like I said, it's not as relevant to compare games from different eras.

But it seemed that you couldn't even accept the fact that RDR2 is rated higher than BotW.

- Single-player Game

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
OTBWY said:

Good that we got that cleared.

And I can perfectly accept that Ocarina of Time is objectively the best game ever made. But like I said, it's not as relevant to compare games from different eras.

But it seemed that you couldn't even accept the fact that RDR2 is rated higher than BotW.

I think we are done.

OTBWY said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

Most people on ps4 are playing a superior version to the xbox platform. 

RDR2 XBX > PS4 Pro > PS4 > Xbox One

The reviews cover all platforms so if they should consider some xbox players get the best version, they should also consider most of them get the worst version.