By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RDR2 Reviews! Metacritic - 97(PS4)/97(XBO) / Opencritic - 97

What's your score prediction?

96 above 47 47.47%

91-95 43 43.43%

86-90 6 6.06%

81-85 0 0%

80 below 3 3.03%

Total:99
Kerotan said:
MichaelDeSanta said:

There's a far greater gap in resolution between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X than there is between the base PS4 and base Xbox One. 

You can down play it all you want but it's a vastly superior experience in both resolution AND frame rate on the X1X.

I'm new here but you seem to be in EVERY thread down playing Xbox and praising Sony... It's kind of strange how attached you are to the PlayStation brand and the lengths you go to defend it.

Vastly superior? Yet the average consumer won't tell the difference. 

Says who?

Go watch the digital foundry comparison video and even at a compressed 1080p you can see a big difference. 

Put them side by side on a 60" 4K TV and the differences are huge.

You obviously hate Xbox and that's fine but sit here and damage control that DOUBLE the resolution AND more stables frame rates isn't a substantial difference is just plain fanboyism.

Continue to down play all you want but RDR2 on X1X is the vastly superior version of the game.  

But don't take my word for it, go listen to anyone in the industry who's compared the two versions.

Take care.

Around the Network
MichaelDeSanta said:
Kerotan said:

Vastly superior? Yet the average consumer won't tell the difference. 

Says who?

Go watch the digital foundry comparison video and even at a compressed 1080p you can see a big difference. 

You obviously hate Xbox and that's fine but sit here and damage control that DOUBLE the resolution AND more stables frame rates isn't a substantial difference is just plain fanboyism.

Continue to down play all you want but RDR2 on X1X is the vastly superior version of the game.  

But don't take my word for it, go listen to anyone in the industry who's compared the two versions.

Take care.

Post up a comparison screen shot there and we'll have a look 

Kerotan said:
MichaelDeSanta said:

Says who?

Take care.

The difference is huge even at these tiny resolutions on a phone screen.

I've proved my point and am moving on. 

People like you are everything that's wrong with gaming community.

Good luck and take care.

MichaelDeSanta said:
Kerotan said:

Anything else?

Yeah send me screens that aren't zoomed in because the average consumer won't be looking at his TV with binoculars. 

Kerotan said:
MichaelDeSanta said:

Anything else?

Yeah send me screens that aren't zoomed in because the average consumer won't be looking at his TV with binoculars. 

The first 2 aren't zoomed in and if you think the 3rd doesn't effect how the overall image looks when zoomed out then there is no helping you.

Around the Network
MichaelDeSanta said:
Kerotan said:

The first 2 aren't zoomed in and if you think the 3rd doesn't effect how the overall image looks when zoomed out then there is no helping you.

When the game is in motion on somebody's TV the average consumer won't notice much. If it was such a big deal the xbox x would be outselling the pro. But it turns out this vastly superior difference isn't an issue for the average consumer. Last time I heard the pro was in short demand while the xbox x had 100$ slashed off it. 

Kerotan said:
MichaelDeSanta said:

When the game is in motion on somebody's TV the average consumer won't notice much. If it was such a big deal the xbox x would be outselling the pro. But it turns out this vastly superior difference isn't an issue for the average consumer. Last time I heard the pro was in short demand while the xbox x had 100$ slashed off it. 

Bringing up console sales in a review thread about a game you don't even own... 

Yeah, because everyone is going to rush out and spend $500 on a new X1X just for RDR2 hahaha.  

That being said, as an owner of both a PS4 Pro and an X1X (and a switch, gaming PC, 3DS, Vita etc.) I chose to play the vastly superior version of Red Dead on my Xbox One X and I'm so glad I didn't have to settle for half the resolution with choppier frame rates on my Pro.  

You don't even own the game, but if you ever do decide to buy it, enjoy it on your Pro... I'm sure it's still a great experience even if it doesn't look nearly as good.

Goodnight!

Last edited by MichaelDeSanta - on 07 November 2018

MichaelDeSanta said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah, because everyone is going to rush out and spend $500 on a new X1X just for RDR2 hahaha.  

That being said, as an owner of both a PS4 Pro and an X1X (and a switch, gaming PC, 3DS, Vita etc.) I chose to play the vastly superior version of Red Dead on my Xbox One X and I'm so glad I didn't have to settle for half the resolution with choppier frame rates on my Pro.  

You don't even own the game, but if you ever do decide to buy it, enjoy it on your Pro... I'm sure it's still a great experience even if it doesn't look nearly as good.

Goodnight!

PS...

MichaelDeSanta said:
MichaelDeSanta said:

Goodnight!

PS...

You're in this way to deep my friend. BTW i do actually own it. I bought it and spyro last week on that promo that gave me $15 psn credit back. You make it sound like the pro version is shit but i game on a 1080p TV so all that jumbo about the resolution being so high is irrelevant to me. Is it 1080p? Yes. That's all I need. As I said there's a reason why the pro sells much better. People don't care about the X upgrade enough to not get a pro instead. 

MichaelDeSanta said:
it's a vastly superior experience in both resolution AND frame rate on the X1X.

Resolution wise, yeah it's a pretty significant difference (if you have a 4K screen mind you).

Frame rate wise, according to reviews, it doesn't change the experience between PS4 Pro and XB1X.

Xbox One X: 29-30 fps on gameplay, drops as low as 21 fps on a single cutscene
PS4 Pro: 26-30 fps on gameplay, drops as low as 25 fps on a single cutscene