By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scariest Resident Evil Game Moments?

Regenerators from Resident Evil 4! The sound they make and how they jump on you if you blow off their legs. Also when you first encounter them you don't the add-on to see their weak points so they really freak you out. "How am I going to kill this thing?"

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 17 October 2018

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

When you idly walk around the mansion in REmake and suddenly a Crimson Head stands up.

Also, one moment that completely terrified me was in Resident Evil 4 when you enter the tunnels in chapter 4. You just roam around in an empty area with no enemies and the game lets you search hidden items a bit, when suddenly a loud noise happens like a metal grid or something getting smashed open and footsteps start to come at you. And those footsteps are FAST, I tell you, and they get louder and lounder but you see no monsters so you start to think that something invisible runs straight at you. But nothing happens, no monsters, it was all just an illusion. I was scared as hell.

Nemesis encounters, as well as Nemesis being around the area in general (semi encounter theme). The first Licker scene from Resi 2. The Axe-man from Outbreak file 2.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Playing RE7 in VR probably deserves a mention.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I thought the Gamecube REmake was the scariest... Lisa Trevor.  Reading her letters as she devolved into a monster was creepy as fuck.

Around the Network

The announcement of Resident Evil 6 was pretty scary. I mean it was so bad with forced COD elements:

- Lisa Trevor and the crimson heads (REmake)

- The licker running across the window pane (Resident Evil 2)

- Pretty much everything involving the Nemesis (Resident Evil 3)

- That creepy noise Alexander Ashford makes while he's tied up in that underground basement (Code: Veronica)

- The boss battles against Verdugo and "IT" (Resident Evil 4)

- The Rachel Foley boss battle in chapter 4-1 (Resident Evil Revelations)

- Being stalked by Jack Baker in his estate (Resident Evil 7)

Last edited by jamesmarkus87 - on 17 October 2018

Definitely the wolves in RE4 at the maze outdoor area. They just kept appearing out of nowhere, and the sounds around you kept you completely paranoid when they were going to jump out.

Lube Me Up

My first jump scare I remember was In resident evil when the dogs jumped through the window ,wasn't expecting that. I think horror in games can be a bit like horror movies where the unknown in the first of a series means any unexpected scares or twists are heightened, but this can be diluted in the sequel, especially when like the Alien sequel the tension now comes less from the psychology of the fear of the unknown and moves more toward rollercoaster action where the physical expectation of being in danger means the adrenal pumping moments now come in the form of when where and how something will strike coupled with coping with how to overcoming the horror.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

RolStoppable said:
GoOnKid said:

(...)

Also, one moment that completely terrified me was in Resident Evil 4 when you enter the tunnels in chapter 4. You just roam around in an empty area with no enemies and the game lets you search hidden items a bit, when suddenly a loud noise happens like a metal grid or something getting smashed open and footsteps start to come at you. And those footsteps are FAST, I tell you, and they get louder and lounder but you see no monsters so you start to think that something invisible runs straight at you. But nothing happens, no monsters, it was all just an illusion. I was scared as hell.

That's chapter 3-2.

(...)

Ah, thanks.