By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Japan losing interest in sex, relationships, and having kids

Final-Fan said:
Ganoncrotch said:
I love that people overlook some basic shit in surveys like this.... half of the under 40s are virgins?!!! man that's shocking.... did you know that more than 25% of the people under 40.... are 10 or under, think about the ages included in the survey before you start to imagine anime girls falling from the tree's over there begging for Senpai to notice them, considering that the age of consent there ranges from 13-18 depending on the region (damn you survey for making me google that, now I have that weird question in my google history forever lol) that means that if keeping to the age of consent and of course the law there, people will say they've not had sex before that age when surveyed because it would be a crime to suggest otherwise.

If someone handed you a survey which said had you downloaded pirated TV shows and software off the internet... would you not hesitate slightly before ticking "of fucking course I have I know what a computer is"

so yeah....

Survey covers a group of people that around 50% of whom wouldn't be legal to have sex, since obviously anyone who dies before the age of 18 would fall into that half but no one is going to be in the region of 18-40 without having been alive for the first 18 years, so if you look at the numbers from a realistic point of view... it means that 100% if not more of the people who could be having legal sex... are having sex.

Ganoncrotch, you can do better than this hysteria.  100% ... if not more!  lol

"a whopping 43% of the traditionally horny 18-34 age bracket, have never had sex."
- The OP, approximating from 42% of men and 44% of women in that age group. 

How do you square this with what you said?  It not only contradicts your hyperbole but also deeply undercuts your overall accusation, doesn't it?

[edit:  Actually, now that I am taking a closer look at these articles, I'm beginning to suspect that the aforementioned 18-34 age group is the entire basis of their stories.  It's not hard for me to believe that they oversimplified "43% of 18-34" to "almost half of under 40".  If anyone has evidence contradicting this view, please let me know.] 

Look having read the majority of the terribly written article that a lot of those figures are drawn from https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/young-single-people-in-japan-aren-t-having-sex-and-the-reason-is-proving-fatal which is where a lot of the OP's links cite as being the ones who looked deeper into the numbers, the analysis and interviews done by that outlet are done pretty much to get hits for the site, which they've done with fairly decent success, keep in mind that one of the links in the OP is also a 2 year old article based on something different but it's a good clickbaity title none the less.

I'm not going to waste more of my own time on this trash survey/article though but I will say this, you think that they asked any amount of 18 year old males if they had sex or not... and got an honest answer? from that point on you should know that the numbers in the survey are going to be no real indication of the real world, I would almost point out that the % of 18 year olds who might be doing a survey legitimately.... are going to be those who aren't having sex... because normal 18 year olds have better things to be doing than fill out surveys.

I couldn't find the actual data from the survey btw after checking through 2 of the articles but all I could find was %'ages and certain age groups along with qualifiers such as "of that age group who weren't married, X% was single and X% of those hadn't had sex" so if you have 100 people, 50 of which are married, 25 of which are in relationships then the % of the people who you are talking about being virgins is only 25% of the initial 100, even if 100% of that group are virgins... it's 25 out of 100 people, this is why % isn't the best way of tracking the real figures.

-

notice OP has left out some portions of quotes which state this, but in the original articles (which are really not worth the time of reading)

"Many aren’t having sex either. In fact, around 44 per cent of unmarried women and 42 per cent of unmarried men admit they are virgins, according to The 2015 National Fertility Survey, which is a kind of sex and relationship census conducted by the government every five years."

So yeah it's based on 44% of unmarried men which does not mean that nearly half are virgins... even if the survey was 100% correct it would mean that 44% of a certain % are virgins and again.... a large % of the unmarried will be minors.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 18 October 2018

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I mean until their women all look like anime characters, their not getting any mans attention. Hentai almost ruins sex, You want it, but you can't fucking have it and that just makes you sad. Those boys in Japan need Ultra realistic VR sex rooms if we ever want to get em to make children; you gotta trick em into it (not like they know about consent anyways).

User was banned for this post ~ Angelus

Last edited by Angelus - on 18 October 2018

TheBird said:
I mean until their women all look like anime characters, their not getting any mans attention. Hentai almost ruins sex, You want it, but you can't fucking have it and that just makes you sad. Those boys in Japan need Ultra realistic VR sex rooms if we ever want to get em to make children; you gotta trick em into it (not like they know about consent anyways).

Just.... wow, the bolded just blows me away that a whole culture gets tarred like that by you.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Farsala said:
Qwark said:
On the bright side probably fewer Japanese woman get raped than American woman on average.

Possibly untrue because most Japanese women have no idea that consent is a thing, especially when it comes to alcohol.

That is so fucked up!

How fucked up is that? Depressing...

But many Japanese women find the gorilla Shabani to be very sexy. That is an indication that Japanese women are all horned up.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
How fucked up is that? Depressing...

But many Japanese women find the gorilla Shabani to be very sexy. That is an indication that Japanese women are all horned up.

I mean.... of course they do.

Just imagine the fantasy of being in his arms.... him... staring into your eyes deeply before having him crush every bone in your body with a single flinch of those bulging muscles before throwing your wheezing dying shattered body against a wall like a piece of fecal matter.... it wets more panties than incontinence!

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 18 October 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

They don't have to open their floodgates. It's fine if they just let me in.

They're about to let me in, so give it a go! If I can get in surely it can't be hard

As for the topic, guess I'll have to do my part to fix this

How did you get in? As a stupid English teacher like everyone else?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

Yeah... but I'm in, that's the part the counts!

That's like the easiest way to get in besides getting a Japanese wife. Try to get in with a real job and you're fucked.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

I'm sat here trying to work out if this was deliberate or not :D

Good luck teaching them English! That's that count the parts!

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's like the easiest way to get in besides getting a Japanese wife. Try to get in with a real job and you're fucked.

Studies are showing that there is very little chance of this happening... unless you are a sex robot.