By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Netflix Casts Ciri & Yenifer in Witcher series

https://io9.gizmodo.com/netflixs-witcher-series-has-cast-2-of-its-most-importan-1829654480

See, we could’ve all waited on this and just see where it goes. But rational thinking has never been the best human trait. We’re all guilty. Anyway. Enjoy...

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

It is pretty funny reading over that thread, namely since it was based on unconfirmed reports and people treated it like fact.

The actress playing Yennefer looks a lot younger than i would have expected

Oh, thank god they're not black! (joking)

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 10 October 2018

shikamaru317 said:
melbye said:
The actress playing Yennefer looks a lot younger than i would have expected

Yeah, for sure. Guess they really want to emphasize the fact that Witchers live a long time by making Geralt's actor so much older than Yennefer's actress. 

You do realize that witches are also insanely old. They use magic to change themselves and live insanely long. Also witches were also originally all deformed and ugly to begin with.

So anytime you were fapping to the hot witches in Witcher, just realize that without magic they would be like a 200 year old hunchback old hag.

Pretty sure Yennifer was  hunchback.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, for sure. Guess they really want to emphasize the fact that Witchers live a long time by making Geralt's actor so much older than Yennefer's actress. 

You do realize that witches are also insanely old. They use magic to change themselves and live insanely long. Also witches were also originally all deformed and ugly to begin with.

So anytime you were fapping to the hot witches in Witcher, just realize that without magic they would be like a 200 year old hunchback old hag.

She was. And that's also a spoiler lol. It's revealed I'm the end of the last wish book.

irstupid said:
shikamaru317 said:

That is why the only true girl to go with is Shani!

FentonCrackshell said:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/netflixs-witcher-series-has-cast-2-of-its-most-importan-1829654480

See, we could’ve all waited on this and just see where it goes. But rational thinking has never been the best human trait. We’re all guilty. Anyway. Enjoy...

And who's to say that without that fan backlash they wouldn't have gone with a BAME actress? 

"One of the things I feel most strongly about is people being afraid that we’re going to strip out the cultural context of The Witcher, to remove its Slavic roots, the very thing people in Poland are proud of. That couldn’t be further from the truth. What I’ve always wanted to do is take these Slavic stories and give them a global audience."

Oh, what a crock of shit, they back-pedaled due to fan backlash.

Anyway, Freya could be described as a bit mousey, which is fine for Ciri. Don't like one bit their pick for Yennefer.

thismeintiel said:
FentonCrackshell said:

And who's to say that without that fan backlash they wouldn't have gone with a BAME actress? 

My thoughts exactly.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they purposely leaked the info, just to "test the waters".

Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos