By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Netflix Casts Ciri & Yenifer in Witcher series

MrWayne said:
HoloDust said:

"One of the things I feel most strongly about is people being afraid that we’re going to strip out the cultural context of The Witcher, to remove its Slavic roots, the very thing people in Poland are proud of. That couldn’t be further from the truth. What I’ve always wanted to do is take these Slavic stories and give them a global audience."

Oh, what a crock of shit, they back-pedaled due to fan backlash.

Anyway, Freya could be described as a bit mousey, which is fine for Ciri. Don't like one bit their pick for Yennefer.

Oh really? This is news to me, can you provide a source for your claim so that I can make myself a conclusion of it?

Common logic is all you need to make such conclusion - you really think she will say anything other than that PR crock of shit after that Ciri BAME idiocy and fan backlash?

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
MrWayne said:

Oh really? This is news to me, can you provide a source for your claim so that I can make myself a conclusion of it?

Common logic is all you need to make such conclusion - you really think she will say anything other than that PR crock of shit after that Ciri BAME idiocy and fan backlash?

The BAME thing was always a rumor ... 

HoloDust said:
MrWayne said:

On the one hand we have the testimony of Showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich herself and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she say that she wants to stay as truthful to the books as possible befor all those rumors about a bame Ciri came up, and on the other hand we have your "common logic" aka your feelings.

I'm not really convinced so far.

MrWayne said:
HoloDust said:

On the one hand we have the testimony of Showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich herself and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she say that she wants to stay as truthful to the books as possible befor all those rumors about a bame Ciri came up, and on the other hand we have your "common logic" aka your feelings.

I'm not really convinced so far.

Yeah, well, I have no intention of even trying to convince you in anything, but in my book it passes the duck test, so it's enough for me.

shikamaru317 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

The BAME thing was always a rumor ... 

Eh, I would say that it was more than a rumor, it was posted on an official UK casting site. Either it was fake, submitted to the site by some troll claiming to be Netflix, or it was real and Netflix backpedaled after the backlash. 

You just described exactly what a rumor is. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Not going to watch this show.

Yes, you are

shikamaru317 said:

A rumor would be if some random "leaker" on Reddit or 4Chan said he heard they were looking for a BAME Ciri, in my opinion. A casting call posted on an official casting seems legit on the other hand. 

In retrospective were the casting calls off all the other characters they casted also posted on this site? If not, that would have been suspicious.

shikamaru317 said:

A rumor would be if some random "leaker" on Reddit or 4Chan said he heard they were looking for a BAME Ciri, in my opinion. A casting call posted on an official casting seems legit on the other hand. 

I don't understand why people act like something isn't a "rumor" if it's just more reliable. That doesn't mean it's not a rumor, it just means it's more likely to be true. While the definition of rumor can mean something that's hard to trust, I think most people just mean something that is unconfirmed as being true (which is a legitimate definition for the word). I remember when people thought it was set in stone that the Switch would launch at $250 with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon ReFresh on day one because Laura Kate Dale was such a reliable source. Didn't happen.

Oh, and if it was an "an official casting" wouldn't that mean it's not a rumor? Or do you mean an official casting site? Because that doesn't really change the fact that it was never confirmed. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 11 October 2018