By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Korean Wii Launch Predictions

I was going to say 50 but since that's been said and I like to be optomistic, I'll go with 58k first week 125ish first month

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Wait...so you're telling me the North Koreans who already have the nukes now have the wii? They will probably figure out how to control those nuke with a Wii mote...and then we're screwed...

Missile Command Wii, eh?

Sounds like a fun game. Even if you do only get to play it once.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I say 80-100k first week. 200k whole month.

hmm...

''Hadouken!''

40k, like the source said, gaming isnt as developed as other countries. Same goes for china

Around the Network

42k, console gaming not that big, even if handheld can do well enough.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

I predict 35k.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Nintendominationz begins with the Wii expect a 100k launch in Korea.

45k. If it launches with starcraft 2 wii 5 million :P

I doubt 100K. In a country that isn't known for buying consoles and handhelds, roughly 1/50 people should buy it first week?

South Korea goes in under "other" in the others chart, right? Well, the GBA has sold 1.3M LTD in the entire other. The GC didn't even make 350K.

"Other" is obviously a lot more than just South Korea, because 2.4M DS have overall been sold there, compared to 1.4M in Korea.

I'm assuming LT Korea might end up at around 300K, so I say 25K first week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS