By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Korean Wii Launch Predictions

it's probably lower than you guys expected
as people in there imported consoles from Japan already

Around the Network
stclam said:

While that is true that hardcore gamers might import from Japan obviously Korean gamers are going to want to play the games in their own language, not in Japanese or even in English.  Still I think every prediction in here is too optimistic, Korea just isn't a market for consoles yet.  If Nintendo pulls some marketing magic they might get decent sales as time goes on, but i expect very little from Wii in Korea.  The games do not fit Korean tastes, the 360 is the system that fits korean tastes the best and it has done decent here, but still its LTD is lower than many of your predictions for Wii first week.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
stclam said:

While that is true that hardcore gamers might import from Japan obviously Korean gamers are going to want to play the games in their own language, not in Japanese or even in English. Still I think every prediction in here is too optimistic, Korea just isn't a market for consoles yet. If Nintendo pulls some marketing magic they might get decent sales as time goes on, but i expect very little from Wii in Korea. The games do not fit Korean tastes, the 360 is the system that fits korean tastes the best and it has done decent here, but still its LTD is lower than many of your predictions for Wii first week.

Yes, there are 8 korean games launched with the wii

But judged by the quality of Korean wii girls, it should be a flop!

so when is the launch?

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:

so when is the launch?

26 Apr

220,000 korean won,  ~220 USD

Around the Network

oh ok thanks

should have know that though, there is an article about it on the front page :)

''Hadouken!''

stclam said:
johnsobas said:
stclam said:

While that is true that hardcore gamers might import from Japan obviously Korean gamers are going to want to play the games in their own language, not in Japanese or even in English. Still I think every prediction in here is too optimistic, Korea just isn't a market for consoles yet. If Nintendo pulls some marketing magic they might get decent sales as time goes on, but i expect very little from Wii in Korea. The games do not fit Korean tastes, the 360 is the system that fits korean tastes the best and it has done decent here, but still its LTD is lower than many of your predictions for Wii first week.

Yes, there are 8 korean games launched with the wii

But judged by the quality of Korean wii girls, it should be a flop!

Your post was extremely sexist. Posts like this give us male gamers a bad reputation. Apologize now.

I agree with you. 

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."