By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Korean Wii Launch Predictions

disolitude said:
Wait...so you're telling me the North Koreans who already have the nukes now have the wii? They will probably figure out how to control those nuke with a Wii mote...and then we're screwed...

LOL

anyways, 150k. wild guess. the only thing i know about koreans and video games are starcraft 

Around the Network

50k. Week 1, 150k first month.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I can definitely see it reaching 100k the first month, as for the first week..who knows?

80k first week.

TheSource said:

Also, doubt it will launch in North Korea...but you never know which is why I gave N. Korea stats...the thing about North Korea though is that GDP per capita is $1500/year so its not like its got millions more middle class people.

NK doesn't have a middle class.

I predict 50k

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

really don't know much about the korean market or even how many wii's will be available at launch. i'll go conservative on this and say.....55k

47k. I think that will be right.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

WIth a one year and a half hype around the world, I will predict a little bit higher. I'll go with 200k first week, with stocks of 300K

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

I'm not sure about an exact number, but let me go and say you guys are being way too generous. Some of those numbers Nintendo would be lucky to get as LTD in Korea. People actually throwing around the name of North Korea need to go read the world news.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
I'm not sure about an exact number, but let me go and say you guys are being way too generous. Some of those numbers Nintendo would be lucky to get as LTD in Korea. People actually throwing around the name of North Korea need to go read the world news.

And people who talk about north koreans controlling nukes with wii motes shouldnt be taken seriously.