By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony president on PS4 successor: “It’s necessary to have a next-generation hardware”

I know you're all sick of hearing it but I pray everyday that we won't see next gen before Q4 2020.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
I know you're all sick of hearing it but I pray everyday that we won't see next gen before Q4 2020.

And I pray every day that you're wrong.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

While looking at next gen, am I the only one who is concerned about exploding hardware prices? In the US tariffs will also kick in and drive prices even higher. I think at this point we will be lucky when the PS5 launches at 599 $.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

looking forward to February, not only a shit load of game releases, but something tells me ps5 announcement as well. i will be out there at midnight for one, and have another preorder online to flip to make most if not all my money back like last time, broke even with ps4 launch, i was able to buy alot of games.

PS4/Pro will not be left on the market when PS5 releases (New games anyway), that is one way to cripple your new HW. Secondly, the difference between the two CPU's will be fucking huge.

Around the Network

Of course it is.
The hardware feature sets need to catch up to PC.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

twintail said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
looking forward to February, not only a shit load of game releases, but something tells me ps5 announcement as well. i will be out there at midnight for one, and have another preorder online to flip to make most if not all my money back like last time, broke even with ps4 launch, i was able to buy alot of games.

Unless its a 2019 release, I highlt doubt you will get any announcement before E3. 

if i remember correctly, they announced ps4 in feb, and showed more at e3?

LiquorandGunFun said:

I think you're on the money. If I were Sony I'd release PS5 ASA-freaking-P. And it will come soon for many reasons. It's a common fact that Navi is being prepared with Sony for PS5. Navi GPUs will hit the market in the first half of 2019 - what's the use of having your own technology and keeping it on a shelf? AMD CPUs are awesome and ready to be put into a console, they are now releasing 7nm Vega GPUs, so the 7nm process will be mature enough for next year to produce efficiently, they will have Navi - why should Sony wait? What for? The bloody new economic crisis that is looming and I'd be absolutely shocked if it wasn't here by November 2019? If I worked at Sony I'd try to move mountains to release PS5 before sh!t hits the fan and the economy collapses again and we are overdue for that at this point. Trust me, it's not fun releasing an electronic entertainment device in the middle of an economic crisis with people cutting spendings left and right.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

vivster said:
Kerotan said:

Now I'm going to have to double my prayers. 

Kerotan said:
vivster said:

Now I'm going to have to double my prayers. 

Already tripled mine.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.