By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anime-Fight: One Piece vs Dragon Ball Z vs Naruto

Your favorite Fighting-Anime between this 3 is..?

One Piece 6 19.35%

Dragon Ball Z 20 64.52%

Naruto 2 6.45%

Its hard to say, because.. 2 6.45%

see results. 1 3.23%

Total:31

1. Naruto for best fights because watching one DBZ fight feels like you seen them all. One Piece fights don't really interest me especially if they don't have an interesting devil fruit or power. Plus the animation on Naruto fights are beautiful.

2. Best story is mixed for me. Naruto story had me excited until the Summit arc ended and then it became foolishness. DBZ story was never interesting to me but the Android/Cell Games had me on my toes especially since the focus wasn't on Goku. As for One Piece, I pick and choose which arcs I liked. Plus I don't like One Piece after the timeskip as much.

3. Naruto and One Piece characters are for me. Even though Naruto characters start becoming non existent during Shippuden. One Piece characters have good designs and personality oozes them.

I'm going with Naruto.

Around the Network
chakkra said:

Mmm.. let's see:

DBZ: Hasn't aged well. I have re-watched a couple of episodes recently and discovered that some things that didn't bother me back then, annoy me now.  For example, how everybody just stand still waiting for their opponents to finish whatever transformation they are doing.

Naruto: Way too many filler episodes. Like, waaaaaay too many. And let's not even talk about the flashbacks.But still, I still loved it until the Kage's summit arc. After that it went downhill for me.  The whole "we thought this character was the leader but he was being manipulated by this other character, and him by this other, and him by this other, etc etc etc. just didn't do it for me.

And the whole "out of space evil" was just too much for me as well in a story that was supposed to be about Ninjas.

Neddless to say, I dropped it at the moment of Madara's "resolution". That was the breaking point for me.

One Piece: I have been enjoying it so far but one thing that annoys me to no end is how overly dramatic this anime is. Like, there is a fine line between Drama and Melodrama and One Piece crossess that line.

I hate how EVERYBODY cries in this anime. And they cry over the most simple little things. And when they cry over something that is remotely important then they go on and on and on about it. Like, dude, I get that you're sad about this boat, but it's being 20 minutes already! cant we just move on with the story?

I still remember this one episode where there was this dude who didn't know how to cook beans properly.  Then Sanji showed up and taught him how to do it.  And then he was crying, and there was dramatic-epic music in the background, and there were flashbacks, and there was more crying.

And I was like, "wait, are they really trying to make me feel something over a dude learning how to cook beans?"

Anyways, I will go with DBZ because I think its flaws were overshadowed by the thrill it gave me every single week.

Haha I agree with most of this. Honestly it's better to read Naruto than watch it. Reading it makes the flashbacks faster and the content feels more detailed. The anime only services good fights and adds more to the fights and content here and there.

Fighting - Probably Naruto, DBZ fights are cool but they pretty much the same pattern.

Story - One Piece is a masterpiece. To me it never feels like it drags on and there is always depth and everything just seems to tie in well. The only negative is it feels like they changed the art style somewhere along the line. I feel like the original was better, guessing to make them feel more mature after the time skip as they have gotten older. Naruto Story was good but they just packed it with too many filler episodes which ruined the watching experience.

1. Which of these three anime do you think has the best fights?
Dragonball Z

2. Best story?
One Piece

3. Which characters are the best for you?
One Piece

Last edited by Dr.Vita - on 09 October 2018

1. Best Fights
Naruto had some amazing animation and well-done fights. On screen, Naruto fights are a treat to watch.

2. Best story
One Piece is a narrative masterpiece, the manga is just consistently fun to read throughout its 20 years + run and 900+ chapters and the latest arc is amazing. The setting makes for unique and diverse narratives that never makes the series feel old and drawn out. I guarantee that this manga will be classic decades from now. It's timeless, filled with adventure and has the best characters in any shounen.

Naruto was good at one point but the war arc was bullshit. It had a lot of uninteresting character and had very weak world building.

3. Best Characters
No shounen out there can even come close to having such character depth and diverse characters than One Piece. The reverie arc led to One Piece having its greatest volume sales in a long time because the arc put in all of the best characters in one room all contained in 10 chapters. This arc could never have been so successful if it weren't for Oda's meticulous world-building and characterization. I mean it outsold BnH aka the hottest shounen by 5x more times. That's crazy even after all these years, One Piece hasn't even suffered a decline.

Honestly, the Dragon Ball franchise is way too overrated. It was great for its time and is a huge landmark in manga/anime culture but I watched it a few months ago and I could not get over how basic it felt. Also Dragon Ball Super was cash grab garbage with incompetent storytelling, it had a really bad narrative and horrible characters. The Broly movie looks good, I feel like the DB franchise is finally veering away from DBShit to a really cool Disneyesque destiny and revenge type tale and I really like it. Feels very different from a lot of other anime properties.

Around the Network

I only know that DBZ is the worst of them because the power levels are so inconsistent.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

jonager said:
am I the only one who prefers Dragon Ball over Z?

Nope. I do too. In fact, I love Dragon Ball, because it has so much charm and humor. I don't even care for Z. But I guess that's because I am not the biggest fan of shonen anime/manga in general.

As to answer the OP:

1. One Punch Man

2. One Punch Man

3. One Punch Man

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is the best Shounen anime and it's not even a contest.

Basically what Poko said. One Piece is the most popular manga series in Japan for a good reason. The world building is unlike anything I’ve seen in any medium. The author sets up plot points well over 400 chapters ahead of time, which is basically 8 years of real world time. It really feels like he rewards fans for paying close attention to his story.

I liked Dragonball/Z as a kid, but I’ve lost my taste for it as I got older. Same with Naruto, only in that case the final few arcs completely ruined my impression of that series to the point where the whole package feels awful now.

But I don’t want to be a buzzkill so I’ll keep these opinions to myself. This is a happy post!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Of the three; Naruto is my overall favorite. I like the story and the action and concept of it all.

DBZ was fantastic growing up and it's still like one of the all time best for good reasons, but its a bit too simple concept.

Outside of the three, Bleach is one of my favorites. Everything was awesome except it went downhill fast after the Aizen arc. And the manga ended way too fast as well like Tite Kubo was rushed or he was just tired of it and just wanted it to end asap.