By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - the reason why republicans want kavanaugh

Texas has very similar demographics to California, but one reason Texas is red and California is blue is because in California every citizen is able to vote. A federal court has ruled seven times that Texas Republicans drew their congressional districts with racial discriminatory intent, but the federal court in Texas won't have the final say on this. That's where the Supreme Court comes in and they'll have the final say, and that's why Republicans are so desperately wanting to get Kavanaugh confirmed.

The more Justices republicans get to pick, the more those justices gets to protect unlimited campaign spending, and voter suppression laws which helps more republicans get elected.

Indiana purged 460k voters. - https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/329659-indiana-purges-nearly-half-a-million-from-voter-rolls

Georgia is freezing 50k newly registered Black voters - https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/11/politics/georgia-governor-election-voter-registration-abrams-kemp/index.html

North Dakota is disenfranchising thousands of Native Americans - https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/411085-native-american-tribe-slams-supreme-court-decision-upholding-north

Florida’s voter registration site went down two days before the deadline (and they never fixed it). - https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/10/09/it-would-appear-that-floridas-voter-registration-website-is-shitting-the-bed

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 13 October 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Another "innocent until proven guilty" win. Good. Looks like the country is headed in the right direction.

thismeintiel said:
Another "innocent until proven guilty" win. Good. Looks like the country is headed in the right direction.

Aye. Justice(pun) was won. Glad we avoided the ''guilty until proven innocent'' downfall at least for now. So far so good. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

is this some next level sarcasm going on up there. ^

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
is this some next level sarcasm going on up there. ^

I guess vgchartz got effected by Trump's presidency and revealed who is left and right in the political spectrum on this site which some I didn't expect.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
thismeintiel said:

Aye. Justice(pun) was won. Glad we avoided the ''guilty until proven innocent'' downfall at least for now. So far so good. 

I must say it is pretty amazing that you two are capable of ignoring the fact that Kavanaugh showed he is not qualified at all for the job just to take a victory lap. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I must say it is pretty amazing that you two are capable of ignoring the fact that Kavanaugh showed he is not qualified at all for the job just to take a victory lap. 

he showed hes more than qualified for the job. Based off his job/track record alone. But we won't agree on that, so no worries.

PwerlvlAmy said:

he showed hes more than qualified for the job. Based off his job/track record alone. But we won't agree on that, so no worries.

All that was shown was that there wasn't enough evidence for this to be worth anyones time - yet Kav's own actions made him look like a terrible choice. Just stopping it as "ohhh yeah he was prolly innocent so gud" is disconcerting, particularly because what made him look bad wasn't the dems but himself. It is just such a sad conclusion to come to because it is stopping the process of critical thinking before it is truly done. Is a liar who we want for a nominee? Sorry, maybe I had one too many Devils Triangles. 

PwerlvlAmy said:

All that was shown was that there wasn't enough evidence for this to be worth anyones time - yet Kav's own actions made him look like a terrible choice. Just stopping it as "ohhh yeah he was prolly innocent so gud" is disconcerting, particularly because what made him look bad wasn't the dems but himself. It is just such a sad conclusion to come to because it is stopping the process of critical thinking before it is truly done. Is a liar who we want for a nominee? Sorry, maybe I had one too many Devils Triangles. 

Once again I go by his actual track record and his history and its one I approve of.  That's all I needed. He will be a good justice, I'm looking forward to it. 

its to take away women's rights, obviously, haven't you been watching CNN?