By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project xCloud - Microsoft Game Streaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzV_xrisMko

"The future of gaming is a world where you are empowered to play the games you want, with the people you want, whenever you want, wherever you are, and on any device of your choosing. Our vision for the evolution of gaming is similar to music and movies — entertainment should be available on demand and accessible from any screen. Today, I’m excited to share with you one of our key projects that will take us on an accelerated journey to that future world: Project xCloud."

About Project xCloud

Scaling and building out Project xCloud is a multi-year journey for us. We’ll begin public trials in 2019 so we can learn and scale with different volumes and locations. Our focus is on delivering an amazing added experience to existing Xbox players and on empowering developers to scale to hundreds of millions of new players across devices. Our goal with Project xCloud is to deliver a quality experience for all gamers on all devices that’s consistent with the speed and high-fidelity gamers experience and expect on their PCs and consoles.

Full Article:  Official blog

We knew they had this in the pipework since they announced it on stage at E3 earlier this year but this was sooner than I expected them to be announcing it, Could be with Google getting their plans out in the open Microsoft also wanted people taking note of their future streaming service. 

Around the Network

Very interesting stuff! Love the X1 controller with the screen attached but touch controls can go to hell.

Very exciting development for portable gamers such as myself. I am also curious to see how it stacks up against Google's recent game streaming project.

Remote Play for Xbox. Big difference though here they will probably have everything sync to an Xbox Live account instead of the owners primary Console.

"The future of gaming is a world where you are empowered to play the games you want, with the people you want, whenever you want, wherever you are, and on any device of your choosing."

Which is why we're currently preparing the 4th iteration of our plastic box that tries its hardest to keep you from doing any of that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I did not watch the video because I am at work but I wonder if they are using this technology
https://gizmodo.com/microsoft-delorean-kills-streaming-game-lag-by-predicti-1626006366

If so, I would love to check and see how the response time is compared to something like PSNow.

vivster said:
"The future of gaming is a world where you are empowered to play the games you want, with the people you want, whenever you want, wherever you are, and on any device of your choosing."

Which is why we're currently preparing the 4th iteration of our plastic box that tries its hardest to keep you from doing any of that.

You're missing the "on any device of your choosing " part. They're giving people the choice to be on mobile,  pc and console.

If this works well enough, bye bye traditional consoles. It will still take time to transition over but it'll happen eventually.

People aren't gonna pay $400 for a console when they can play the same games on their TV, tablet, phone, etc. when and however they want for just $40 for a controller. 

Curious to how Nintendo will handle this. They have the MOST to gain from streaming as you don’t need powerful hardware.

I'm stuck with data cap here (busted with netflix last month). So unless my provider quintuple my data cap, I won't be able to use that kind of services. (PSnow, xcloud, geforceNow)