By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can PSVR sell 7 million LT on PS4?

PSVR LT Sales?

4 Million 10 24.39%

5 Million 13 31.71%

6 Million 6 14.63%

7 Million 5 12.20%

8 Million or more 7 17.07%

Total:41
Errorist76 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
7 million? not a chance in the world. Top out at 5 if its lucky. I'm excited to see what they bring to the table with VR and PS5 though.

Why not? Price is the main reason why people haven’t jumped on. It’s not going to get cheaper and the more great system sellers are out, the more are gonna jump on. 3 Million in less than two years..assuming it’s going to be sold for another 3 or so years, I don’t see why it shouldn’t reach that number.

Agree.  I think if they can get the price down to $199 for a small bundle, sales should receive a nice boost.

Around the Network

Amazon Australia had version 1 headset + camera for Aus $199 (us$142) for the last 2 weeks.

Maybe they can do something in Us

Very curious to see how things play out with PlayStation VR. So many variables it is really hard to tell what will happen over the next few years. There are plenty of great titles for the PSVR already, and honestly I find it much more enjoyable than PS4, XBO, or Switch, but it just seems people are dead set that current VR is not worth it.

For now I am just interested to see how it does this holiday. If it can pick up the pace a little, then maybe it can get close to 7. If not it may sit somewhere around 5 Million in the end.

I just hope they have PSVR2 on PS5 day one. That is the only reason for an upgrade in my opinion. Horizon, God of War, Detroit, and Spider-Man wouldn't have been any better if they were 4K/60fps. I think we have pretty much hit the limits of what we can do with a TV and Gamepad. Current VR is already great, but it definitly has room to improve, with better controllers, AR integration, large and more accurate tracking, and of course full AAA level software.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
I just hope they have PSVR2 on PS5 day one. 

Me too. But PSVR1 + PS5 will also be a good match (if compatible)

Many PSVR games will look better on PS5 than on PS4 Pro (higher resolution or supersampling, better FX) and/or run smoother 120 Hz instead of 90 Hz in some games, 90 - 120instead of 60 in others.

Demanding VR games like Hellblade VR and L.A. noire VR will finally be ported to PSVR.

If it stays compatible with only PS4, it'll probably end up around 5 million. If the PS5 uses it as well, then it could double that.

Around the Network

It's always hard to predict in evolving markets such as the VR one. It could do 7 million, it could do twice that amount, it could not even come close to it. It's too uncertain and reliant on how VR goes forward as a whole, rather than whatever they do with PSVR.

EDIT: Okay, it wouldn't be able to do twice that amount, but you get the point ...

Simply put, no. However, 5 million is very possible.

Conina said:
KBG29 said:
I just hope they have PSVR2 on PS5 day one. 

Many PSVR games will look better on PS5 than on PS4 Pro (higher resolution or supersampling, better FX) and/or run smoother 120 Hz instead of 90 Hz in some games, 90 - 120instead of 60 in others.

Demanding VR games like Hellblade VR and L.A. noire VR will finally be ported to PSVR.

Very true. Maybe they will stick with PSVR1 for the first few years on PS5. Since PS5 will 99.9% end up being X86+Radeon, current PSVR implantation should be free, and any game using dynamic resolutions should automatically bump without any need for patches. 

I just wonder about the Break Out Box. PS5 should have evrything it needs to just plug PSVR in directly. Will they sell PSVR headset only once PS5 arrives?

If they stick with PSVR on PS5 for a few years, before dropping PSVR2 and Move2, then I don't think PSVR will have any issues reaching 7 million.

As for PSVR2 though, I am very curious to how they will be tracking. That is why I love VR though. It is so young, and there are so many possabilities. 

I also wonder if they will be able to make PSVR2 backwards compatable with PSVR1 titles with PSVR2 tracking. Obviously that would be ideal, but if they nail something that gives them an incredible leap in tracking, then it would be worth a break in compatability IMO. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Conina said:

Very true. Maybe they will stick with PSVR1 for the first few years on PS5. Since PS5 will 99.9% end up being X86+Radeon, current PSVR implantation should be free, and any game using dynamic resolutions should automatically bump without any need for patches. 

I just wonder about the Break Out Box. PS5 should have evrything it needs to just plug PSVR in directly. Will they sell PSVR headset only once PS5 arrives?

If they stick with PSVR on PS5 for a few years, before dropping PSVR2 and Move2, then I don't think PSVR will have any issues reaching 7 million.

As for PSVR2 though, I am very curious to how they will be tracking. That is why I love VR though. It is so young, and there are so many possabilities. 

I also wonder if they will be able to make PSVR2 backwards compatable with PSVR1 titles with PSVR2 tracking. Obviously that would be ideal, but if they nail something that gives them an incredible leap in tracking, then it would be worth a break in compatability IMO. 

Tracking will obviously make a huge leap, especially the next motion controllers should blow the Moves out of the water, but I don't think that necessarily means breaking game compatibility. If PSVR1/Move1 games don't accept PSVR2/Move2 input directly Sony should definitely have an "emulation" program that fixes that without the game devs having to patch anything.

It really depends on price and availability. At 199 that thing would fly off of shelves. Lifetime if it hits 149 or less then or course but to be honest, I don't think Sony ever planned to sell more than 5 million.