By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's up with Horizon Zero Dawn 2 ?

Patience. Geurilla just started Horizon after finishing Frozen Wilds, which was only 10 months ago. We aren't seeing anything at E3 2019. Earliest we can hear about it is PSX 2019, and even that's just an "if".

We aren't getting the game anytime before Fall 2020, or even later. Game development takes time.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Amnesia said:

Is this game planned for soon ? I have not seen any more new or trailer since...E3 2017...In E3 2018 have we seen something ?

Would it be possible that this game is planned to launch the PS5 and close in the same time as the big final title of the PS4 ?

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 was never even announced, much less had a trailer in E3 2017.

Are you talking about the DLC expansion Frozen Wilds? Or are you really suffering from amnesia?

Haha this is truly everything I was thinking, including the amnesia comment. 

Launch title for PS5, holiday 2020, would be my bet.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

shikamaru317 said:
I'm expecting it to be a PS5 title in 2020 or early 2021 personally.

That's when I'm expecting it too. And I can't wait.

If I had to bet, I'd say holiday 2021. It certainly won't be coming to PS4. It'll be a launch title for PS5, or the year after depending on when PS5 releases.

Of course, this is all just bullshit that I pulled out of the air.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Vizigoth04 said:
Ironically, going back through HZD again. Brand new playthrough now that I completed Spider-Man.

How is it holding up? Not gone back to it since i platinumed it at launch but I'll be buying the frozen wilds dlc soon.

@OP

Horizon 2 would add little to the ps4. The first horizon is still selling and will do for years. They are better off going all in on a ps5 horizon 2 and blow us all away. 

It's doing well. Granted I'm only level 6 but I'm focusing on crafting all the upgrades and inventory Expansions before focusing on quests then story. Need this weekend to make some headway. HZD 2 definitely has to be in the works available for both PS4 and PS5. Perhaps 4K30 on pro and 4K60 on PS5. That's probably a good standard to hold if the keep with backwards compatibility. Maybe also that one disc is playable in either device but who really knows until the next gen is here.

Last edited by Vizigoth04 - on 05 October 2018

I’m very positive it’s going to come out late in the PS4 cycle and maybe be cross-gen with PS5. No way they are missing out on 100 Million PS4s.

As others have said, no info, but we do know Guerrilla was expanding.

My guess is Horizon 2 will be a PS5 exclusive, and PSVR2 compatable. While they are working on a PSVR2 exclusive Killzone Title.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I hope they work on something else, I'm level 35 I think and I can't force me to finish it because it's so boring.

twintail said:
Vizigoth04 said:
Ironically, going back through HZD again. Brand new playthrough now that I completed Spider-Man.

What's exactly ironic?

Ironically I was going off topic and referencing the orginal HZD instead of reply to the inquiry about the sequal. I had a squirrel! Moment.