By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A new patent from Nintendo to change your smartphone into a game boy

Mar1217 said:
Accessories like that already existed through 3rd party means.

not with fully functioning buttons afaik

Around the Network

Looks like a genius idea to me, no buttons is the single biggest llimitation that makes phone gaming second class

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mar1217 said:
Accessories like that already existed through 3rd party means.

not with fully functioning buttons afaik

None that I know of.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Looks like a genius idea to me, no buttons is the single biggest llimitation that makes phone gaming second class

Same. :)

Cute concept. Great way to demand yet another 5 bucks for 30 year old games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Cute concept. Great way to demand yet another 5 bucks for 30 year old games.

It's a good idea because those cartridges and GameBoy systems won't last forever, AND it'll help introduce today's kids to what we grew up with.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What's this about shitting on the screen? O_o

The original gameboy's screen was difficult to see in many situations. If it was too bright from sunlight, you'd essentially only see green. And back then screens had no backlit functions, so if it was too dark, you couldn't see anything.
Playing gameboy in a car at night you would be at the mercy of passing street lights to be able to see properly.

And when the battery got weak, the colors on the screen started to fade. 

I'm stealing this because it hits me right in the feels. My dad eventually installed a little pen light that clipped to the safety belt so that I could read/play/look at the map.

SuperNova said:
Hiku said:

The original gameboy's screen was difficult to see in many situations. If it was too bright from sunlight, you'd essentially only see green. And back then screens had no backlit functions, so if it was too dark, you couldn't see anything.
Playing gameboy in a car at night you would be at the mercy of passing street lights to be able to see properly.

And when the battery got weak, the colors on the screen started to fade. 

I'm stealing this because it hits me right in the feels. My dad eventually installed a little pen light that clipped to the safety belt so that I could read/play/look at the map.

I remember the little overhead lights you could plug into GameBoy Color systems. Now I want kids of my own. :(

Not like I've been suggesting Nintendo do this for a while now. Nope. Not at all.

potato_hamster said:
Not like I've been suggesting Nintendo do this for a while now. Nope. Not at all.

Uh huh.

Is there any reason why the case could not be a fully functional Game Boy that just fits onto your phone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.