By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Study Claims Violent Games Cause Increased Aggression In Youths

Poor parenting increases agression in youth! People need to stop blaming their issues when they should have been properly addressed within their family.

Around the Network

I will say that most anything will influence anyone regardless of the source of influence and the age of the influenee (if that's a word). But I think the more accountable factor not being stressed is the person being influenced. My daughter has watched me played games from Skyrim to Neptunia to Wolfenstein New Order to Infamous. She knows it's all fake. Now, she's afraid of naturalist blood and undead subject matters, but violent games don't make her violent. I'm I don't want to claim to be a good parent because there is always room for improvement. But I constant remind her that what you see on the screen in not real and should not be imitated. if you mimic anything, mimic the good actions of people around you, not fiction.

When the study doesn't show as much violence as you thought it would, change what the study considers violence and make it look like a big deal.

I'm still waiting for the study that shows how much less violence occurs within the adult community by playing video games. I for one can easily mellow myself out by playing a swath of different types of genres.

It's almost like we know this, and that some kids could possibly be persuaded, and so we rate the games so kids can't just buy whatever they want until their old enough...

Voting for Trump made you a horrible person, but buying GTA for your kid is the fault of everyone but yourself. Hmm...

This is utter nonsense. And if anyone says other wise I will batter them to death with my bare fists and drink their blood

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Did all the children in the study have frog DNA?

And, more importantly, if they did, did they put chemicals in their water to make them turn gay?

@ OP

Suuure it does...

Around the Network

I do not believe this in any way or form. Violence would be present with or with out video games in those studied.

Maybe aggressive kids like to use video games as an outlet?

Maybe countries with significantly more violent crime needs more video games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

bananaking21 said:
This is utter nonsense. And if anyone says other wise I will batter them to death with my bare fists and drink their blood

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

mZuzek said:

We're in the age of scientific studies. That is to say, I feel like nowadays, you can always find some study to prove a point or make you feel better about yourself. It just seems to happen all the time that I see a friend of mine sharing crap like "study shows that people who constantly marathon series tend to be more intelligent" or "study claims that eating loads of meat makes you healthier", and usually you can also find a study that proves the opposite. It's all just a load of bollocks, honestly.

Videogames sure make people more violent, though. Just like rock did.

We've been in the age of junk science for... decades.

Studies are conducted by people, people need funding for studies, people have ideologies.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
mZuzek said:

We're in the age of scientific studies. That is to say, I feel like nowadays, you can always find some study to prove a point or make you feel better about yourself. It just seems to happen all the time that I see a friend of mine sharing crap like "study shows that people who constantly marathon series tend to be more intelligent" or "study claims that eating loads of meat makes you healthier", and usually you can also find a study that proves the opposite. It's all just a load of bollocks, honestly.

Videogames sure make people more violent, though. Just like rock did.

We've been in the age of junk science for... decades.

Studies are conducted by people, people need funding for studies, people have ideologies.

People are parents who buy games for their children that they shouldn't be playing. People blame the games.

I can attest that I used to rage pretty hard when I was younger. I was just a kid playing games people bought me. I have a son. He's getting a switch.